Notify
Tools

Female Engagement Teams
 Login/Join

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seven0821:
yea it is pretty cool. Cultural Support Teams instead of Female Engagement Teams, but obviously the CST seems much cooler and the networking you could do within whatever SOF unit you serve with would open doors.

Absolutely. If my re-class doesn't happen for some reason I will look into this further.

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Lbeezy hit the nail on the head as to what I was getting at.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Love how the guys give great feedback to all - I love that remark "Sure to be drama in the female tent". I love that one. On a special Commission with all women right now - I was thinking the experience was like a combination of all the BH Housewives, O.C., NY, Atlanta shows. But you are right - it's just "drama in the female tent". I'm going to use that one - thanks!

Posts: 438 | Registered: 22 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
I've had to live in tents for extended periods of times probably 10 times between training, JRTC, two deployments.

All of these times there was drama GS Girl, I apologize to make such a bad statement though, but it's a harsh reality. It's just like saying every time I've done this, there's some dirty stink guy in the male tents that is just a little sloppier then everyone else.

Bound to happen, but I apologize for the generalized statement. Maybe I shoulda left that out, I do tend to have diarreha of the mouth, haha. Sorry to anyone I offended.

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBeezy:
I've had to live in tents for extended periods of times probably 10 times between training, JRTC, two deployments.

All of these times there was drama GS Girl, I apologize to make such a bad statement though, but it's a harsh reality. It's just like saying every time I've done this, there's some dirty stink guy in the male tents that is just a little sloppier then everyone else.

Bound to happen, but I apologize for the generalized statement. Maybe I shoulda left that out, I do tend to have diarreha of the mouth, haha. Sorry to anyone I offended.

Anytime you put a bunch of people together in a small living space you get drama. You can't even move your mother into your house w/out drama! Add the stress of training/deployment and it's a recipe for all kinds of fighting and goodies. The female barracks in Basic was the worst. There were 63 of us and damned if there was not a fight every freaking night. Without fail. But like you said, I don't think the males faired much better. The other females on this team get along w/me pretty well so far, we shared quarters at JRTC. We will see, but I'm sure at some point we'll tangle! lol

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I didn't offend you ArmyWife, you are definatly a trooper when it comes to dealing with the stupid things people say. I apologize to any female reading this forum, it was an unprofessional statement, and I admit it.

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBeezy:
I'm glad I didn't offend you ArmyWife, you are definatly a trooper when it comes to dealing with the stupid things people say. I apologize to any female reading this forum, it was an unprofessional statement, and I admit it.

Not really, you're fine. You forget, I'm a mechanic lol You should hear the shit that gets said to/about/around me.

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
My husband had a team attached to his platoon at the end of his last deployment. Honestly, he thought they were a good idea. He said that women and children would speak to them a lot quicker than they would to one of the men.

He said that he had no problem with any of the female soldiers and they did a great job. However, he did say that a big issue was with the female interpreters. He was not impressed.

The biggest thing I could say is to be in the best shape that you can be. In this case, you would be running onto an objective shortly after DH's unit cleared it. You really have to be able to keep up.

I does sound like a great opportunity.

Posts: 404 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You are right - it does sound like a wonderful opportunity, and an honor to be selected. I am not offended by "drama in the women's tent". I think it is hilarious - these women I am talking about are big shot civilians and it is hard to avoid the "drama in the tent" - it is very political. I think I would do better if I could carry a flask of Southern Comfort on the day of the meetings and just take a couple of shots before the meeting. I was on this Commission before and resigned and here I am appointed again. The women are older. I think what will mellow me out this time somewhat is, I am serious - the meetings are very much like all of those "Housewives Shows", and since I would rather be shot than appear on one of those shows, I'll just flash on how Nene Leakes and Tamera Barney act when the fussing starts so I don't end up in the fray. Well, thanks for giving me a good laugh and an opportunity to vent here, so I can avoid a primal scream at the next meeting.

Posts: 438 | Registered: 22 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok... The FETs are Civil Affairs Team focused on engaging the locals about female issues... in most cases they need to be female in order to tlk to other females. the team has that focus like the medical teams focus on medical issues and public safety focus on police and army. The CSTs are not even closely related to FET. they are females that go along to do searches, etc. it's not Ideal to have them going both duties. the FET is all about making friends and resolving problems in the community. the CSTs are there because it's culturally offensive for a US male to through a female up against a wall during a raid. The CSTs would most likely be the first choice to choose females for combat arms MOSs once they sort that gender thing out. the FETs if they like it should go CA. So for future posts: if your interested in FET just go to CA school. If your interested in CSTs do more PT.

Boom.

Posts: 3 | Location: Afghanistan | Registered: 04 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post