ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Deployment Discussion    Most important deployment item
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most important deployment item
 Login/Join

Picture of SSG Hammy
posted
What is the most important thing you can take with you on deployment? (TA-50 ETC. not included)

Posts: 215 | Location: Ft. Lewis | Registered: 24 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My first thought was going to be your rifle but now I'll have to think about it.

Is this one of those "stranded on a dessert island" things?

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Hammy
posted Hide Post
I meant something that the army doesn't provide you with.

Posts: 215 | Location: Ft. Lewis | Registered: 24 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Body wash with a poof. The water is really hard, so bar soap doesn't lather well. Just one of those nice things to have.

Posts: 75 | Registered: 08 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ssg_rivera
posted Hide Post
Baby wipes and sun block!!!

82ND ABN DIV LRSD

Posts: 189 | Location: Ft. Bragg, NC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Caffeine Addict
posted Hide Post
I'd say an MP3 player to whittle away that down time at one camp before going to another camp in the same day.

Posts: 431 | Location: U.S. Army Garrison Yongsan (living it up in South Korea!) | Registered: 28 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RICKY_BRANCH:
I'd say an MP3 player to whittle away that down time at one camp before going to another camp in the same day.

Definately. My husband's iPod has been a life saver for him. With music, photos from home and ebooks on it, he can kill a ridiculous amount of down time without ever getting bored.

My Photos: www.flickr.com/photos/thefrosty1
My blog (it's new and pretty and gets updated almost daily): www.gypsygentilli.com
MySpace: www.myspace.com/gypsygentilli

Posts: 378 | Location: Barstow, CA | Registered: 14 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Coinage
posted Hide Post
The MP3 player is definitely a good idea for this... also perhaps a GameBoy Advance or PSP

Posts: 130 | Location: DC | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of /elsinore98
posted Hide Post
Generally, how much personal stuff are you allowed to take with you?

Posts: 353 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobby A
posted Hide Post
i brought my desktop PC lol.

ID card holders (for all those times youre asked to show ID and you cant find it)

a camera so you can take a picture of something just in case... (we have had a few people get saved from UCMJ by their camera)

a good weapon cleaning kit? the issue one sorta sucks (at least mine does), one of those nifty magazine-on-the-buttstock holders, and a more comfortable sling.

and right about now im wishing i had brought DCUs instead of these ACUs >< theyre comming apart so fast...

Posts: 99 | Location: Ft. Sill, OK | Registered: 20 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Strangely enough, I've always found the standard issue cleaning kit to be the best tools to clean my M-16.

It amazes me sometimes when I show soldiers how to clean their weapon. The "tricks" I use were all learned from the TM. I often think I'm the only one in the Army who knows how to read.

Add individual weapon TM (-10) to the list.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Quartermaster922
posted Hide Post
I always had no problem with the standard issue but of course I was the unit armorer

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Posts: 300 | Location: Where all discharged soldiers go | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Video game (PlaySatation2, PSP, XBox, etc.), bug spray, baby powder

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bobby A
posted Hide Post
they didnt issue me a standard Army cleaning kit, they gave me some off the shelf thing that sorta sucked (and i lost)

Posts: 99 | Location: Ft. Sill, OK | Registered: 20 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My husband was never issued a cleaning kit, we had to buy one prior to deployment...along with many other things we had to purchase that he needed. Soldiers were spending crazy amounts of money at the Army store; the chashier told us that some SOs spent up to $500-$600 that day on items they needed but were not issued to them...that is painfull!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post