ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Deployment Discussion    Most important deployment item
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most important deployment item
 Login/Join

Picture of Kn0wbl1
posted Hide Post
reguest for a Brigade Quartermasters catalog, maybe you have seen this catalog before? look through it and I am sure you will find useful gear that could make your job easier. Good Luck.

Posts: 43 | Registered: 20 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Drill Sergeant K
posted Hide Post
A powdered beverage mix. Water gets old after awhile.

You can push them out of a plane, you can march them off a cliff, you can
send them to die on some God-forsaken rock, but for some reason you can't
slap them.

Posts: 57 | Location: Fort Jackson, South Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm finding that hard to believe if they really need stuff down there they are issued it. Maybe they were buying stuff for comfort because when I went down there we didnt have much space or time to buy or p[ack a bunch of stuff that we didnt need to stay alive

Posts: 3 | Location: soon to be Ft Lewis | Registered: 27 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Crim
posted Hide Post
Mostly Hygiene items that you can't get in the desert...When you first get to your FOB usually the incomming units and outgoing units have bought out most items that you need so it might be a couple months before the BX/PX get stocked. Other then that you can always go to Soldiers Angels online and they love to send care packages of items you need...trust me you will get more then enough sent to you! ;-)

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." John F. Kennedy

Posts: 28 | Location: Kirkuk, Iraq | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The things that I was most glad to have...

Awesome Pillow
Ipod
Laptop

For all the little things that are hard to come by...Amazon.com and Drugstore.com both have super fast APO shipping and were total life-savers. Out PX was outta shampoo for like a month...Drugstore.com...my friend!

Posts: 32 | Location: Heidelberg Germany | Registered: 12 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny:
When you insert a SIM card from a different provider it would say "locked SIM" (or something similar) if the phone is not unlocked or it would just recognize it and everything will look normalWink Depending on your GSM phone, you can either call the provider and ask them for the unlock code (which they don't like to give out), you can buy it online for $2 - $7 depending on the type of phone, you can ask someone from ebay who sells a phone like yours to give you the code (of course tell him/her that you are in the military and want to keep in touch with family while deployed) people are really helpful with things like this and you have a great chance of getting the code for free. And last, but not least, you can buy a used or new unlocked phone from ebay, but I wouldn't spend too much money on it or go for a fancy phone because once you get to your location the chances that you'll damage it are pretty high (sand, water etc.)

Just want to add that the phones that your purchase from your providers always come locked. T-Mobile is the only company that I know for sure that gives out their unlock codes.

Well said. I too unlocked my mobile phone using unlock code purchased from online. I got the unlock code for my mobile phone from onlinegsmunlock.com at affordable cost with easy unlocking guide.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 26 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
good job...
i think you may have broken a record for reviving a thread that has been uncommented on on in close to 7 years.

im guessing you might be just a spammer anyways.

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Spammer with bad grammar.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post