ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Deployment Discussion    Dwell time after non-command sponsored korea tour?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dwell time after non-command sponsored korea tour?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,
I recently pcsed from area 1 in korea back to the US. I was married in korea and never applied for or received command sponsorship. I also flew my spouse and child to the states on my own dime and received only unaccompanied HHG shipment.
I cannot find any info on the definition of accompanied/unaccompanied tour in korea.
I'm trying to figure out if I will receive dwell time starting from the date i left korea or if i do not fall into that category since my family was technically there but the army didn't recognize them as being there.
Is area 1 even considered a dependant restricted tour still? I don't recall whether it was or not but i know soldiers applying for CP had to sign waivers because not all services are available there.
Thanks for your help.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 1st Team all day
posted Hide Post
you dont get dwell time for korea. only combat tours. i did a 12 month non com tour to korea, and deployed 2 weeks after reporting to my new station. you just wont go on another hardship tour for a while.

Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy An Diabhal prowls around like a roaring
lion looking for someone to devour.

Slainte

Posts: 41 | Location: Afghanistan | Registered: 30 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ta An Casur:
you dont get dwell time for korea. only combat tours. i did a 12 month non com tour to korea, and deployed 2 weeks after reporting to my new station. you just wont go on another hardship tour for a while.

Defenition of "Dwell Time" according to AR 614-200 page 115:

Dwell time
The time a Soldier spends at home station between combat deployments, operational deployment (noncombat), or
dependent restricted tour . The addition of these service types does not change the long and short tour policies in any
way.

Non-Command Sponsored tours regardless of area in Korea are dependent restricted tours.

Dwell time is to reset to zero upon arrival to Korea on a dependent restricted tour.

Posts: 278 | Location: Center of the Universe----Ft. Bragg, NC | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
If you were 1 year in Korea, non CP you get 6 months of dwell time...you will see that on your ERB (on the dwell time portion), as soon as you are inproccesing to your next duty station. Been there, done that.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Where would you go to get your dwell time changed? Mine was not updated since i got back from Korea Non-CS.

What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?...

Posts: 7 | Location: Ft Hood, TX | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My son just got back from Camp Humphreys South Korea on Halloween after being deployed for a year. He is home for a week and then has orders to go to Fort Leavenworth. I am curious as to how much dwell time, if any , he accrued in the past year?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 18 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgttrunk:
My son just got back from Camp Humphreys South Korea on Halloween after being deployed for a year. He is home for a week and then has orders to go to Fort Leavenworth. I am curious as to how much dwell time, if any , he accrued in the past year?

One year in Korea (unaccompanied) will give him 6 months of Dwell time.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post