ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Deployment Discussion    differences between mobilization and deployment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

differences between mobilization and deployment
 Login/Join

posted
I was just wondering what the difference is between mobolization and deployment. My sons dad says he is being involuntarily mobolized to Ft. Sill for twelve months, but that he is not being deployed. I thought they mobolized you to a base to get you ready for deployment?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 15 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
Typical use is:
Mobilization: called to active duty
Deployment: sent to a combat zone

A unit might mobilize to a post to give operational or training support.

Posts: 3566 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So he may just be training the troops? I guess that makes sense. Do they usually change the dates of the mobilizations? He said they were leaving this month, now he says it may be pushed back till April, but he won't know for sure until Friday, but then he says he doesn't have drill this weekend and that Sunday he will go to Fort Sill for a two week training even though he just went to a training in Tulsa. He also says they may change it to two years and that during this time he will not be able to visit our son. I thought they usually give them some time off? I know I have a lot of questions and I apologize, but my son is a year old and I am worried about their relationship, but he says there is nothing he can do about it.

Picture of JMW3CC
posted Hide Post
So basically he is not going to be free for the next 730 days? Confused

If he is mobilized to Fort Sill, he is going to be on active duty just like everyone else and earn 2.5 days of leave per month just like everyone else.

What's keeping you from taking your son to Fort Sill and visiting him?

Posts: 686 | Location: ARMY WIDE | Registered: 10 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMW3CC:
So basically he is not going to be free for the next 730 days? Confused

If he is mobilized to Fort Sill, he is going to be on active duty just like everyone else and earn 2.5 days of leave per month just like everyone else.

What's keeping you from taking your son to Fort Sill and visiting him?

RC soldiers on mobilization orders often have leave policies more stringent than AC units. He might only be authorized block leave once during the mobilization, same as if he were deployed. It's possible that his leave situation may be no different than the AC soldiers at Sill. Given the lack of clarity on what's going on, I'm sure the leave policy hasn't been drafted yet.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 657 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well, I live four hours away from Fort Sill and although I wouldn't mind driving my son to see him he won't tell me where him and his new wife will be living. He said today that he for sure starts his year on Sunday, but that he doesn't have a phone number to give me yet and he doesn't know where he will be living until he gets there Sunday. Although, his wife told me they would be living off base and renting a house because he would get more money that way. Also, he says he won't have ANY free time so even if I took my son to see him he wouldn't be available. I'm sorry to bother you all with this, I just don't know where to find information about these kinds of things!