ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Basic Combat Training    Leaving for osut ft ft benning in one week?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving for osut ft ft benning in one week?
 Login/Join

posted
leaving for osut and im not in good running shape i took a pt test i did 60 push ups and 65 sit ups but my 2 mile run sucks i got 16 mins first time i did it was 20 mins i only got 4 mins off my mile i was wondering will i be ok goin to osut w these numbers

Posts: 2 | Registered: 14 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes. I went to Benning as well (though not as infantry), you'll get pushed while you're there and improve as time progresses. You're in pretty good shape right now, just push yourself while you're there and good luck.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Infantry4life
posted Hide Post
You'll be fine going down there with those numbers. Keep in mind that there are hundreds of people going down every week, of those, probably about half maybe more can not put up those numbers coming in. They'll get there, trust me. Your push ups and sit ups are good, but don't slack off on those now, keep pushing yourself and you'll be good. Your run isn't that bad either, don't beat yourself up over it now. You'll get better and better at running every week. I went in OSUT running between 15 and 16 mins. The final PT test I busted out a 12:05.

You seem like your in good shape and you are worrying about it, which means you want to be the best you can. Thats good. Go down wanting to improve and don't give up when your muscles are telling you to. By no means do I mean hurt yourself, but keep pushing and you'll be a stud in no time.

Trust me, I'm a Recruiter!

Posts: 169 | Location: USAREC Dearborn | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post