Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ft Jackson - 20091103
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone else headed to Ft Jackson for Basic in November? What are things that I should not bring and things that I should? I know it's still a long time away but it's never too early to start planning.

Posts: 43 | Location: Ft Huachuca | Registered: 11 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
http://community.armystudyguid...51093521/m/275101561

Feel free to hit us with questions though!
(The majority of posters on this forum are Sergeants (or above, but usually Not Officers.)

This is good for you since we've ALL been there, done that. Listen to the Good NCOs, do what they say, and you can't go wrong. (you'll figure out quickly who the good ones are.)

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of PfcBwilson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SoilderML:
Anyone else headed to Ft Jackson for Basic in November? What are things that I should not bring and things that I should? I know it's still a long time away but it's never too early to start planning.

I'll be graduating from there a week after you get there!! Too bad I cant get on here during to clue you in.......Good luck SoilderML

Pfc. Wilson

Posts: 4 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 05 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PfcBwilson:
quote:
Originally posted by SoilderML:

I'll be graduating from there a week after you get there!! Too bad I cant get on here during to clue you in.......Good luck SoilderML

Good luck to you too. I'm pretty excited. I've been doing a lot of training and research to get ready for basic.
Where are you coming from, as in where do you live now?

Posts: 43 | Location: Ft Huachuca | Registered: 11 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hello Smiler I am supposed to be leaving November 11, but since that is Vet day and MEPS will be closed.. I am not sure how its going to work. My recruiter says they will either ship me on the 10th or do a no ship that week and send me on the 3rd... we will see Smiler

Posts: 3 | Registered: 12 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of pfcjohnson
posted Hide Post
I leave for ft. jackson on 20091104

Posts: 2 | Registered: 01 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pfcjohnson:
I leave for ft. jackson on 20091104

Where are you coming from?

posted Hide Post
I leave from Charlotte on 20091102.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 16 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You don't need to bring anything, you will be able to buy everything you need once there at a PX.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post