ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Basic Combat Training    Packing List for Men for BCT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Packing List for Men for BCT
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My Two Cents:
Running shoes, mostly (85-100%) black OR white. There's nothing like paying $75 for a $25 pair of Asics at 30th AG BTN (or equivalent). Make sure they are new! Your reception DS's will check the wear.

Every cycle there are recruits that for some reason decide not to bring a cellphone, or no charger. Bring your cellphone AND charger, no question. Plus your debit card.

Shower shoes can be bought for cheap at reception. Stamps and envelopes can also. Buying the smallest denomination calling card is also a good idea (some companies prefer to allow payphone use versus cellphone use), buying the smallest denomination will allow you to figure that out without wasting money.

There's more than that, but it should be on your packing list within your $2 army strong backpack. Those are just things I wish peopel told me.

Good Luck

Posts: 19 | Registered: 17 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyBrat-FutureSoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
Skoal and Copenhagen....I kid,I kid. Things I would tell my future soldiers were to make sure you buy THICK flip flops. You may take great care of your feet, but someone else there will not, and the last thing you want is to accidentally step in a puddle that has a jellyfish floating in it. Some top notch razors as well. Cheap ones stand a good chance of messing up your face as some days you just may have to shave in the cold.

Oh geeze, that's horrible. Hahaha. I'd fall over laughing if a buddy came up and told me he stepped in a pile of someone else's fishies.

-B

Posts: 4 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 10 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by firefighter5391:
what do men need to pack for BCT?? I will be leaving for BCT in a month
there is a list in your enlistment packet of what to bring. do your own homework because you have folks in these rooms who give erroneous/outdated information. google: items to take to army basic training.

Posts: 30 | Location: metro atl. | Registered: 11 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retiredmsg:
quote:
Originally posted by firefighter5391:
what do men need to pack for BCT?? I will be leaving for BCT in a month
there is a list in your enlistment packet of what to bring. do your own homework because you have folks in these rooms who give erroneous/outdated information. google: items to take to army basic training.

OLD THREAD IS OLD.

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post