Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor and Shaving cream
 Login/Join

posted
Okay, so I've now that we need to take a razor and shaving cream with us to basic. It's also understanding that we leave for basic through the airports on commercial planes. My question is, will be be able to get through sucrity with razors in our bags? If not, what are we supposed to do?
Thanks

Posts: 43 | Location: Ft Huachuca | Registered: 11 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SoldierML:
Okay, so I've now that we need to take a razor and shaving cream with us to basic. It's also understanding that we leave for basic through the airports on commercial planes. My question is, will be be able to get through sucrity with razors in our bags? If not, what are we supposed to do?
Thanks

Yes, just have it in your checked luggage. Most men that travel (and a fair share of women) take razors.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I didn't think we were able to check luggage, just a carry on?

Posts: 43 | Location: Ft Huachuca | Registered: 11 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SoldierML:
I didn't think we were able to check luggage, just a carry on?

We were able to, but that was almost ten years ago. Check with your recruiter about if you can check a bag.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
When you get to Reception, you'll be given the opportunity to buy all that stuff at the Shoppette.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smittaayy:
When you get to Reception, you'll be given the opportunity to buy all that stuff at the Shoppette.

+1

OR you could "check" your bag.
You really don't need anything more than the clothes on your back and a light jacket (depending on weather.)

First thing at Reception you'll get uniforms to wear. Then you'll either get a haircut or you'll go to the "shopette" to get personal hygiene crap.

Don't worry, the Army will take care of you. Wink
(Just do what the Army tells you. Big Grin )

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i'd still like to know if you can check your bags now a days. any recent soldiers willing to let us know?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 22 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't bother bringing anything.

You end up buying it all there anyways.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OTNCO
posted Hide Post
Yup. Your life for the next X weeks will be spoonfed to you. You barely have to think, just obey and you'll shine.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 23 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post