ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Basic Combat Training    FT Jackson 20101905, Anyone else shipping this date?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FT Jackson 20101905, Anyone else shipping this date?
 Login/Join

posted
I am new to the forum, and will be departing for Ft Jackson May 19th 2010. I am a little nervous, but have been preparing my body for this physical and Mental challenge.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am! I'll be there May 19th as well. I'm a future 68W. I'm extremely nervous, but I've been preparing myself daily.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of brwntwn1988
posted Hide Post
I also will be at Jackson on 19 may and will also be 68W Go Medics!! See you all there.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TommieGuns
posted Hide Post
SmilerMy name is Tommie ! I was told I may be shipping out to bootcamp in May. I am not sure of the date,however,if it is on the 19th I hope to meet new people and gain many friends there.
Take care~

Posts: 3 | Registered: 16 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here's a few tips...

Bring a small gym bag with very few personal belongings with you to MEPS. You will get issued a lot of gear in reception and be expected to haul it all by yourself when the time comes to ship off to your basic training battalions. If you're a male, throw away the shampoo because you'll be bald soon. If you're a female, I recommend cutting your hair short, less than shoulder length and don't let it fall in your face. You will save a lot of time that way.

Just remember to embrace the suck and keep in the back of your mind that it's a training game and you'll do fine. Stay away from the negative people and the oxygen thieves. You'll soon learn when you get there who will end up getting washed out within six months to a year.

If you become injured, hold your head up and don't hang back with the other broke people. You can still graduate with an injury if you make it clear to your drill sergeants that you didn't go all that way there just to be sent home.

Good luck!

Posts: 90 | Location: Fort Hood, TX | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TommieGuns
posted Hide Post
Cool Very good advice ! Thank you !

posted Hide Post
Yea, word of advice, don't be a prick, be humble. You have no idea what basic training is like, even if you have listened to a million stories. Also keep in mind, the Drill Sergeants at the Reception Battalion are like puppy dogs compared to your platoon DS, so save the stress for Basic, and not reception, it will be a big waste of energy otherwise. But just do what your told and push yourself harder than anyone else is pushing you. You chose to join, so why not get the most out of it? It will make you much stronger not just physically, but emotionally. But good luck to you all and take care! Hopefully when you get to Sam you won't have to wait forever and a day in reception for 68W, I am in a medic company and reception there doesn't sound fun at all. Your doing something great though, don't ever regret it.

P.S. DONT WEAR THE FREAKING ARMY SHIRT YOUR RECRUITER GAVE YOU WHEN YOU SHIP OUT! YOU WILL BE EATEN ALIVE! And never underestimate the female DS's, it will be the worst mistake you'll ever make.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Wassup,

My name is Terell and I ship to Ft. Jackson on 20100518, also a 68W so just might see some of u guys

T. Terrell Parker

Posts: 1 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TommieGuns
posted Hide Post
That would be awesome ! Looking forward to seeing new people and getting to experience something that only comes once in a lifetime. I am looking forward to my drill instructors and seeing how hard they will work on building each and everyone of us into strong individuals.
Take care,
Tommie Guns

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
basic training was fun, no joke, i seriously met some of the coolest people of my lives there. and the drill sergeants arent as bad as you think, dont get me wrong they will give you stress at times to simulate battlefield stress but i remember after awhile we would do stuff to try to get on there nerves and get smoked, you know nothing bad just enough to get there attention in a good way! Remember though you are training for a war either Iraq or Afghanistan, Iraq not so much anymore but Afghanistan is a warzone still so keep that in mind, dont BS the training you will need it, but in saying that dont get upset if you dont fully get something within your 9 weeks of fun, for you will have the time to catch it at your unit! thanks for deciding to serve SPC(P) Voll!

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am also shipping 20100519. MOS 68W Good luck to all and I will see you there.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
im shipping on 17 May for Ft. Jackson as 68W.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 03 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheSigler
posted Hide Post
Im shipping out May 3rd for bct and ait at Fort Jackson. My mos is 42a, hoping to meet some good folks while im there. Maybe we might be in the same company.

PV1 Sigler

Posts: 1 | Location: Wisconsin Rapids, WI | Registered: 07 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheSigler:
Im shipping out May 3rd for bct and ait at Fort Jackson. My mos is 42a, hoping to meet some good folks while im there. Maybe we might be in the same company.

Hey Sigler, your rank is PVT not PV1 lol no worries though!

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of k9nermp
posted Hide Post
I might be reading from my new soldiers, depends on when my company goes and grabs new soldiers from reception at Ft Jackson...

The average Shepard can run 35mph, can you??

Posts: 231 | Location: Ft Jackson | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post