New
Find
Notify
Tools

questions?????
 Login/Join

Picture of mommy-n-soldier2010
posted
I am a female who is supposed to be shipping off on feb 28, 2011 to fort jackson, sc then I will be headed to fort huachuca for ait is there any females that will be shipping out or around that time whose mos is 35 m. If anything I would like more info from someone who has walked this path so I can know what I am getting myself into

Posts: 9 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of atp
posted Hide Post
You no longer own yourself. Welcome to the United States Army.

Posts: 175 | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yeah, dont be THAT girl.
and theres no such thing as "sexy" in the army. haha, nothing sexy about it.
they say females join the army for one of two reasons:
to find a man, or to be a man.
so, as a female, help keep our reputation clean.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of A HUMINT/DLI GUY
posted Hide Post
If you want to know more about 35M MOS, I'd be glad to provide you with some info? Just ask whatever you like.

As for being a woman in the MOS, can't help you there, but I can tell you how my 35M female soldiers I had conducted themselves (not that much different than their male counterparts Wink).

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal."

Posts: 224 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 91B All-Wheeled
posted Hide Post
So your saying your a man Medic?? Ouch.
Sexy armyladi...I've seen plenty of females who deserve to be in MAXIM. You keep your head up.
Make sure you follow every instruction your given.

You'll be fine, I went to Jackson and I had a blast. Try to outshine the males in everyway.
Drill Sgts. love this. Be a PT studdette. Just for heavens sake don't fraternize, you will not get away with it. They will find you or one of you will make a mistake.
Don't drop the soap...lol j/k. I hope you can deal with males who have dirty mouths...lol Good luck future soldier.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight that matters
Its the size of the fight in the dog that counts.

Posts: 53 | Location: Ft. Hood, TX as of 20101201 | Registered: 06 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Im married with 3 kids so the last thing on my mind is trying to find someone else or be a man cause I dont roll that way. I just wanted general info so that I can be prepared to better myself and give my family the better life that they deserve. and yes I would like more information on the mos 35 m I had my mind set on the medical field but I think that this would be something different and a challenge to test my abilities. I already know that the job has a bad name its just that I want to be the best that I can be

Posts: 9 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
How do you figure the job "has a bad name"?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I read up on how people were getting elecuated ( forgive me if I spelled that wrong)and i think its called "water boarding"

posted Hide Post
I know you haven't enlisted yet, but one of the first things you should learn about the military is not to believe everything you see on television and read about us. A lot of media types have never served a day in their life and know next to nothing about the military.

Posts: 86 | Location: Camp Humphreys, Korea | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Most of the people that got in trouble were MPs and not interrogators. Get your facts straight or just wait and reserve judgement until you're actually doing the job.

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
If you want respect or to be taken seriously, don't come up with names like sexy army whatever to use on a military board.

Posts: 404 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFC W:
If you want respect or to be taken seriously, don't come up with names like sexy army whatever to use on a military board.
I agree 100%. Absolutely retarded, and even the spelling looks awfully juvenile for someone that is married with 3 kids.

posted Hide Post
Dang fellas she just wanted some advice on what she is getting into.

"Patriotism is a long steady show of pride, not a short burst of enthusiasm"

Posts: 107 | Registered: 23 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You can't really take Future Soldiers too seriously, because at this point they are still civilians. As a recruiter I get to see how much most of them change from enlistment to when they come home for HRAP after completing AIT.

Posts: 86 | Location: Camp Humphreys, Korea | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickboy:
Dang fellas she just wanted some advice on what she is getting into.
Whether this is an Army sanctioned board or not, it's hard to take someone seriously that calls themselves "sexy_ladi". Would you walk around work telling people to call you sexy? In my experience, when a woman joins a message board and calls herself sexy, she is usually just craving attention...