ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Basic Combat Training    Do YOU want to know what Military Life is 'really' like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do YOU want to know what Military Life is 'really' like?
 Login/Join

posted
I know many of you Military hopefuls are itching for information of what your future military careers are going to be like.

I know when I was in your shoes I just wanted the TRUTH. All the information I found was so saturated and generalized. After serving my time in the Military I found almost everything to be completely misleading.

So I made a website and wrote an eBook describing to you the absolute TRUTH of Boot Camp and Military Life.

I have nothing to lose nor gain from being completely honest with you.

Check it out!

http://whatisbootcamplike.com/

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
I have nothing to lose nor gain from being completely honest with you.
Yet your selling a book. So I think you're trying to gain.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 02 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
if you were not trying to gain or lose, you would offer your experiences for FREE here and other forums, instead you are trying to sell it as a book while the rest of us volunteer our time here and other forums answering questions day in and day out, you do random updates posts like this....mmmmm

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 25UinUtah:
Yet your selling a book. So I think you're trying to gain.

quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
if you were not trying to gain or lose, you would offer your experiences for FREE here and other forums, instead you are trying to sell it as a book while the rest of us volunteer our time here and other forums answering questions day in and day out, you do random updates posts like this....mmmmm

I couldn't have said either statement any better. I may have already been in for 5 years, but I would like to read this to see how accurate it is. Plus, like you two said, it should be free since he has nothing to gain from it.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I say I have nothing to gain, nor lose from telling you the 'truth', because if I wrote a book about the military for 'free', this would mean I considered the military a hobby, or I wanted you to join, or I wanted you not to join, therefore, it would be bias.

Because the book isn't free is evidence of its truthful authenticity.

I don't care if you join, I don't care if you decide not to join.

What I do care about is telling you the 'truth'.

I hope you understand where I am coming from now.

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
I understand where you are coming from, but I have met many people in the military, regardless of branch, who have free blogs and have e-books online that they don't sell. They give it away, and they are the truth and not something made up.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyVet11c:
I say I have nothing to gain, nor lose from telling you the 'truth', because if I wrote a book about the military for 'free', this would mean I considered the military a hobby, or I wanted you to join, or I wanted you not to join, therefore, it would be bias.

Because the book isn't free is evidence of its truthful authenticity.

I don't care if you join, I don't care if you decide not to join.

What I do care about is telling you the 'truth'.

I hope you understand where I am coming from now.
Let me try to follow along here...you are saying that because you are charging for the book, that makes it truthful?

Do you buy all of those penis enlargement books too?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M4LN7PF:
Let me try to follow along here...you are saying that because you are charging for the book, that makes it truthful?

Do you buy all of those penis enlargement books too?

I almost fell out of my chair laughing once I read that.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

Picture of 98C40_35N40
posted Hide Post
Dont the MODs usually ban/boot the guys who come on here trying to sell stuff, or who spam the boards with the intent to redirect traffic?

I figured DW would have swept in by now and "disappeared" this guy... DW is slacking. tisk tisk tisk

NCO's Lead The Way!

SFC Nick Martinez
B Co, 3rd MI BN (AE)
Camp Humphreys, KOR

“I am the punishment of God... If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” ― Genghis Khan

Posts: 273 | Location: HQ J2, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NE | Registered: 20 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You don't have to buy the book and you can still find useful information there. If the purpose of this forum is to provide honest knowledge, than who cares where they get it from?

I'm a fellow veteran here and I try to provide useful value for FNG's when I can, so take it easy on me fellas Smiler

It took me awhile to write that book and it costs me my own money to pay for the site and keep the blog running. I'd just like to break even and maybe buy myself round of drinks for the effort.

Picture of SFC_Mac
posted Hide Post
I was a little intrigued by your website, then I saw the quote, "You can't exactly trust your recruiters"... I think you could have worded that a little more tactful, instead of basically saying ALL recruiters lie.

Posts: 163 | Registered: 21 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SFC_Mac:
I think you could have worded that a little more tactful, instead of basically saying ALL recruiters lie.

That's a good point. I glanced at the website and noticed that too but didn't think about it at the time.

My recruiter back in 2006 didn't lie to me about anything. I know a lot of recruiters that didn't/don't sugar coat anything and they still get recruits.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

posted Hide Post
So I quickly looked at the website, and you need an editor. I didn't even make it halfway through "Physically, is army basic training hard?" before I had to stop and comment on your horrible writing. First off in your first line you already have messed up. You put "It is always hard for me to answer this question being that they’re different variations of difficultly," when it should read "It is always hard for me to answer this question being that THERE ARE different variations...." and you also NEVER capitalize Army. Now I admit I didn't read this entire page and yes you did in the title "Is Army Basic Training Hard?" but really. No where else that I saw. Now I don't say anything about grammar or spelling cause I suck at it and failed a lot of english classes back in high school but even I can fix those mistakes. I think you are just trying to scam some money out of people when they can get it for free. Instead of taking time to write a book and spend your own money running the site how about you get a decent job and use that money to buy yourself a round of drinks.

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
So government websites only give half-truths. I find this hard to believe and how does the goarmy.com website mislead people in what to expect in the Army. Although I do not know how your recruiter lied to you but mine told me everything that I was in store for. Although they forgot to mention I would have to run everyday but that is another forum topic altogether. I am just astonished that you have made over $25,000 dollars selling this "true" story about the Army. If someone buys the book and then experiences nothing like your experiences do you refund the money? Like some of the wiser mentors on this board have already said the best information on the "true" Army can be found free of charge.

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So after reading the website you were in for 3 years? Why did you get out? Did you think you would be able to write a book and make loads of money by scamming people? Did you get hurt? Or because your contract was up? Either way after 3 years you still have a lot to learn about the military and personally I do not feel like you have the know it all to write a book telling everyone how it is in the military. People buying this book need to just keep googling and finding forums like this and asking questions because everyone on here truly will tell them the truth. Because we really don't care if they join or not because it doesn't effect us one bit.

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post