ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Basic Combat Training    Do YOU want to know what Military Life is 'really' like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do YOU want to know what Military Life is 'really' like?
 Login/Join

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68XAlltheway:
Because we really don't care if they join or not because it doesn't effect us one bit.

Except for the fat Soldiers, they would rather you not join because they have a better chance at staying in when the herd is thinned in the draw down, lol.

Posts: 405 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
People are saying 50,000, but army times shows closer to 90,000...

Posts: 19 | Registered: 17 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyVet11c:
After serving my time in the Military I found almost everything to be completely misleading.

Did you make it past PFC?

GO AWAY SPAMMER.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sysalis:
quote:
Originally posted by SFC_Mac:
I think you could have worded that a little more tactful, instead of basically saying ALL recruiters lie.

That's a good point. I glanced at the website and noticed that too but didn't think about it at the time.

My recruiter back in 2006 didn't lie to me about anything. I know a lot of recruiters that didn't/don't sugar coat anything and they still get recruits.

I can only speak for the recruiter I had. I've found that the NCO's who read my blog tend to get upset when I use less-than-satisfactory words when describing any component of the military.
I do not speak in political correct terms in the book or blog because my mind is completely de-militarized and I'm recalling events from memory as i remember them without being restricted by any 'rules'

This is why I constantly refer to the current sources of information about Army Basic Training and Military Life 'half-truths'.

Life is nothing but prospective. So you can listen to the recruiters prospective, or you can listen to my completely honest prospective.

The website is aimed at my personal experiences in the Army. If you want to share your own personal experiences of having a completely 'honest' recruiter, than maybe you should start your own blog up as well.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Like some of the wiser mentors on this board have already said the best information on the "true" Army can be found free of charge.

I know that many of you find this hard to believe; but anybody who posts on this forum is either a military buff or a recruiter.

In order for someone like me to be motivated to come along and tell you guys 'the unbiased truth'; Of course I will need some sort of compensation for taking time out of my life to do so.

Even after serving in the Army, I hardly consider myself a 'military guy'. I try to bring this prospective to the book. So all you vets and current soldiers with your ranks and units in your signature get out of here. This post/blog/book is for people who want to talk to somebody who has a complete de-militarized conscious.

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
but anybody who posts on this forum is either a military buff or a recruiter.

Last I checked, I was neither a military buff nor a recruiter. I was and am just an average joe who is trying his damndest for SGT and wants to give advice to those soldiers who need or want it, regardless of their rank since we all have different experiences.

Either way, dude, you must not have made it pretty far int he Army to write a blog that sounds like "truth" or "half-truths" of only recruiters. It sounds like just recruiter stuff. At least to me.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that many of you find this hard to believe; but anybody who posts on this forum is either a military buff or a recruiter.

I am ABSOLUTELY a military buff and damn proud of it. I don't sugar coat anything. I put out factual information backed by regulatory references. And guess what, I do it for free. You want to know what Army life is REALLY like, ask someone who's been in for 20+ years. Your limited experiences hardly qualify you to be a "subject matter expert" on military life.

quote:
What I do care about is telling you the 'truth'.

Don't you mean "selling" the truth. Oh, by the way, just because you put a price tag on something doesn't make it true.

Normally I wouldn't reply to this typre of post but if you're so desparate to make a dollar that you have to come on this type of forum to try to hawk your wares, maybe you should have just stayed in.

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I shouldn't expect you guys to understand what I meant when I said de-militarized conscious.

Your attitudes are prime examples of that phrase. .

I suppose the book isn't the 'complete' truth. I didn't say enough bad things about the military for new recruits to really comprehend what the experience is like. I should add a few chapters about the suicides I seen, the chaplain who was having gay sex with his male assistant, and the MP's who were cooking meth in empty barracks.

Contradictions like this are exactly why I didn't re-up my contract. I used to sell packs of cigarettes for 25$ each during field training and it wasn't a problem or issue at all. God forbid I sell a 30,000 word ebook for 9.95$ though.

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should add a few chapters about the suicides I seen, the chaplain who was having gay sex with his male assistant, and the MP's who were cooking meth in empty barracks.

I'm not saying this hasn't happened before, but this sounds like complete BS just to add to your book. Seriously, just stop it.

And it's a good thing you didn't re-up.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dogfaced_Medic
posted Hide Post
I call BS. Then again if someone is stupid enough to buy your book with all the damn free stuff out there I don't want them in my Army in the first place so, carry on.

Posts: 39 | Location: Fort Jackson,SC | Registered: 01 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
God forbid I sell a 30,000 word ebook for 9.95$ though.

I could care less what you sell. Just don't spam THIS FORUM.

This Forum full of Soldiers doing the RIGHT THING and working on getting promoted. The majority are NCOs who also would be mad/angry at the issues you say you saw.

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dogfaced_Medic:
I call BS. Then again if someone is stupid enough to buy your book with all the damn free stuff out there I don't want them in my Army in the first place so, carry on.

haha
Good point. If they're dumb enough to pay money for his drivel, maybe they'll believe it, and we won't have to deal with them as junior Soldiers in OUR Army. Big Grin

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
haha
Good point. If they're dumb enough to pay money for his drivel, maybe they'll believe it, and we won't have to deal with them as junior Soldiers in OUR Army. Big Grin

Or corrupted LTs for that matter.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

posted Hide Post
I once saw my entire brigade command team in an orgy at an IHOP, you can read all about it in my new book titled: "All of this Crap is Made Up" on sale now for $29.99

Posts: 5 | Registered: 15 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by macattck:
I once saw my entire brigade command team in an orgy at an IHOP, you can read all about it in my new book titled: "All of this Crap is Made Up" on sale now for $29.99

Where do I find the eBook??