Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Showering at Basic
 Login/Join

posted
Does everyone shower together at army basic or are there individual showers? I am just curious because I have been told different things from different people.[/b]

Posts: 11 | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It really depends on where your going for basic. Most likely you'll all shower together. But you'll be so tired by then that you won't care one way or the other.

Posts: 42 | Location: Fort Leonard Wood/Korea bound | Registered: 18 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When I went through BCT, there were community showers with stalls stalls that were separated by concret blocks. So it was semi private, but still communial. And its true, you are gonna be so tired by the end of the day, you wont care if your alone, or showering next to 10 guys. All you will wanna do is get cleaned up and hit the sack.

Posts: 36 | Location: Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
Regardless of what you find in basic, sooner or later you'll experience open bay showers so you might as well get used to the idea.

Posts: 2867 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
their were showers in Basic??

must have been nice!

Posts: 12 | Location: Dante's concentric circles | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Be glad there are shower facilities at all. Big Grin

Posts: 196 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i remember the DS not letting us shower for the first 3 weeks!!

but then again if i could have chosen a nice warm/mostly cold shower over a couple more mins of sleep b4 the midnight smokin session....i think i would choose the sleep!

Posts: 12 | Location: Dante's concentric circles | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You didn't take a shower for three weeks? I find that hard to believe.

Posts: 42 | Location: Fort Leonard Wood/Korea bound | Registered: 18 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
3 weeks.....I don't think so. That would be trainee abuse and none of them would be Drill's any longer. Not to mention all of the CoC would have been FIRED...all the way up to BN CMD. Maybe even BDE CMD. The only time you will not shower is when you go to the field, and then you can use babywipes to clean up. Try not to bend the truth that much. Remember we have alot of new recruits, not to mention all the possible recruits that read this board. I know if I was just thinking about joining and read something that said that I could not shower for 3 weeks, I would not have joined.

Posts: 67 | Location: Ft. Leonard Wood | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
in ait we had the circle of love one post and five heads you all stand around it and sing while the drill watches

Posts: 48 | Location: Ft Lewis | Registered: 25 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
some times i dont shower for three weeks but my wife hates me and i dont have many friends could that be the reason??????????????????

Posts: 48 | Location: Ft Lewis | Registered: 25 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greywolff
posted Hide Post
im in the same boat as motor 2 poles and we all stood in a circle i do believe they have changed thoes out nowdays

Posts: 292 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
TMI

posted Hide Post
I went to FT Jackson for Basic and I had showered with all girls there was 6 shower heads to a bathroom, but I have also been in showers at reception that was just a big room of showers and everyone jumps in and takes a shower. You get use to it after a while. Besides you only have to put up with it for 9 weeks. Its not really so bad though.

Posts: 1 | Location: Heidelberg Germany | Registered: 11 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In my BCT it was called the car wash, not a shower. We all lined up and proceed to half shuffle through the showers in one big line. Definitely the fastest shower I ever took, less than a minute. That was only at the beginning though, after a week or so we could do showers on our own.

Posts: 54 | Location: Germany | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post