New
Find
Notify
Tools

fort jackson 20110214
 Login/Join

Picture of mommy-n-soldier2010
posted
fort jackson 20110214 is any females going to be joining me?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mommy-n-soldier2010,

Posts: 9 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
any females at that

Posts: 9 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I went to Jackson...and from what I saw...females do not get along with each other at BCT...be careful mommy-n-soldier....lol just have fun yo.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ft. Hood, TX | Registered: 01 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I will be at Ft. Jackson 20110124. Hope to see you there.

Posts: 1 | Location: NC | Registered: 18 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
we probably wont see each other but I wish you the best of luck

Picture of stoicjustice
posted Hide Post
Just be flexible. The best pre-BCT advice I got was this: don't try to stand out.

APFT iPhone App - http://bit.ly/d9dINL
Submit Army Forms from your iPhone - http://bit.ly/dmlau7

Posts: 153 | Registered: 23 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoicjustice:
Just be flexible. The best pre-BCT advice I got was this: don't try to stand out.

That is definitely the best advice for BCT. Some people naturally stand out though, ie they are really short or really tall. Or like me they are hispanic but look like a ghost in skin color. I'm white as hell and my last name is Fernandez. So, yeah, lol.

I stood out because of that. x_X;

Regardless, don't try to stand out besides from your natural appearance, you can't hide that after all, especially height or skin color with a last name that doesn't match it.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Plenty of females at Jackson.
Keep your head down and your mouth shut around the DS's and you won't have to deal with leadership positions that will cost you time to eat or sleep. Don't be a shammer either and get the platoon smoked constantly for the same stuff.

Posts: 6 | Location: Ft. Meade | Registered: 12 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OurLoveIsArmyStrong715
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoicjustice:

Agreed. My fionce told me to stay with the pack. If you're ahead, and you make a mistake (and you will!) It's worse. But if you're behind, you don't get rewarded for doing something right, but you are constantly shown how inept they think you are.

*Soldier*&*Army-Wife*For*Life*

Posts: 8 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 22 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post