ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Basic Combat Training    Advice on making it threw BCT and AIT
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Advice on making it threw BCT and AIT
 Login/Join

Picture of SGT Bowman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeeJay989:
Just as the name of the topic says, I am looking for advice on how to make it threw BCT and AIT.

Im not sure exactly where to start so ill just throw it out there, about a year ago to this date I had signed into the army as 11Xray/Bravo whatever it be. My MOS was the Infantry, now im sure I will get a few people who will "crack jokes on me" for this but it is what it is, im looking for advice to receive my blue cord and crossed rifles, not immature judgements about how I have "THS". Anyway, a year ago, I did not complete BCT for the solid reason I was stressed out (and yes I know, alot of people in BCT are also stressed out) and when I had seen people being sent home, I thought to myself that there was a escape from this, I wasnt confined here. So as I was discharged with a Chapter 5-17 with a re-enlistment code of a 3, I have recently started feeling the desire to go back and succeed where I once failed, redeem what I believe to be my honor and finally receive my Blue Cord. Any advice is greatly appreciated and more then welcome.

Not sure where you are at now, seeing as this is an old post, but I have done the same as you. Way back in 1997 I joined up, went to boot camp and had almost the exact feelings that you expressed. Only difference is that I can really only say that I let home sickness get the better of me. I still today look back and say why...but I did get discharged from boot camp back in 1997 and they said if I ever wanted to come back in, I could, but had to wait 2yrs before doing so. And when I got out I said yeah right, you won't see me again.. that wore off everntually and I too started having the regrets and always haad that looming failure above my head. Oh and this was at Ft. Jackson of all places that I was sent home from! So six years later I started looking more and more into going back in and finally in 2003 started the long process of getting back in. I swore in in Jan 2004 and was off to Basic at Ft. Benning in Aug....of all the places to go, although I wasn't infantry like you, it was still a lot different than my time at Jackson. There was one DS at the 30th AG that gave us all some good advice and I will always remember it. He said if you want to quit, that's fine, but do it tomorrow. Because by the time tomorrow comes around, you might have a totally different outlook on things. Wish I would have done that the first time around, but I feel I redeemed myself and the punishment was them sending me to Sand Hill, Ft. Benning GA!! Sorry for the novel, but good luck with whatever you have chosen by this point.