Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

INFO
 Login/Join

posted
I am to go Fort. Knox in Aug for BCT, can anyone tell me good and bad things about it. I keep hearing these rumors of a "stress card" or "stress time" for soldiers that fell stressed are aloud to use when they feel stress! Is this true???

ACE

Posts: 4 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 16 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't worry about basic too much. Just understand that it is there for a purpose, and that is to put you in the mindset you need to be in to serve in the US army. Coming from the civilian world, it will be different, but keep in mind that once it is over, the army is not that bad. Just do your best, and try to absorb as much information as you can while you are there. It will be hard, although it used to be harder, but your drill sergeants are only there to help you, and you will honestly never forget them. Another thing to keep your mind in the right spot is to think of your family, and the idea of making them proud of you. Just keep a positive attitude, the army needs good soldiers, so try to be one. Good luck

Posts: 66 | Location: ft. bragg | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks Bro!

ACE

Posts: 4 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 16 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
Stress cards are an urban myth.

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No such thing as a stress card.

Check out my site for more information about what to expect.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post