ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    Time to PCS but DEROS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time to PCS but DEROS
 Login/Join

posted
Well recently I contacted my branch manager and im getting ready to PCS from Recruiting Duty in January. DA Selected (involuntarily) and extended 6 months (also involuntarily). Anyways my branch manager says he can hook me up with a couple spots but he cant do nothing until my DEROS is fixed. I already contacted my S1 Company and BN, its been over a week and I keep checking my ERB and it still says the same jacked up DEROS date. S-1 knows its jacked and my immediate chain of command knows its jacked....

How long does it take to have my DEROS changed?

Is there any other way to access my DEROS to see if its been fixed?

I feel I served honorably in this job, but my time is done, recruiting aint for me, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

CPL Ace

Ace Allmighty

Posts: 5 | Location: OPSEC | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Im a recruiter as well but I neva heard of us having a DEROS. Recruiting works off of your AEA date which is located above your line scores on your ERB. I wish I knew a fix but USAREC is the mafia and I do know that they have to release you before branch can do anything. Check and see what that date says though.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 20 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace Allmighty:
Well recently I contacted my branch manager and im getting ready to PCS from Recruiting Duty in January. DA Selected (involuntarily) and extended 6 months (also involuntarily). Anyways my branch manager says he can hook me up with a couple spots but he cant do nothing until my DEROS is fixed. I already contacted my S1 Company and BN, its been over a week and I keep checking my ERB and it still says the same jacked up DEROS date. S-1 knows its jacked and my immediate chain of command knows its jacked....

How long does it take to have my DEROS changed?

Is there any other way to access my DEROS to see if its been fixed?

I feel I served honorably in this job, but my time is done, recruiting aint for me, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

CPL Ace

Actually you did volunteer, you raised that right hand when you entered the military. Your BN S1 should be able to fix DEROS dates if they cant then they need to take it higher (MPD, Post Records section) since you are out in Recruiting I dont know who they go up to. As soon as the paperwork is done to change it (get theh approval from the right people), it should be a matter of minutes to go in and change it and hours, maybe 2 days to reflect if that long.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3939 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
"Actually you did volunteer, you raised that right hand when you entered the military"

Blah, blah, blah....that the most played out statement......everytime the system screws someone instead of actknowledging that the person got messed over. There is always someone there to make that statment. It never fails. Any way Mr. Ace. Your DEROS only takes 30 seconds to fix once you log into EMILPO. Who ever in your battalion has access to update ERB's should be able to help you. I have done it for many soldiers it only takes a few seconds. Sounds like someone up there is giving you the run around.

Posts: 61 | Registered: 12 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
Karen,

Welcome to the community. Please try to be a little more professional when giving advice.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 7447 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hey everyone! well i was reading all of your post and i had a question. My husband is in the army and we are stationed here in hawaii. Our deros date on our orders say april 09, and our deros on his erb says feb.2010. my husband came to hawaii unaccompanied, but then sent out for us later on in the year, and i guess they forgot to update his orders to 2010, which date should we be going by? We really want to leave in 09, is there anyway to change the erb?? PLEASE HELP

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
He needs to talk to his S1.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3939 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post