New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mental Eval
 Login/Join

Picture of Patrick2017
posted
I am just wondering if I have any fighting chance here. I just found out today I got deleted for Recruiting due to my Mental Eval which the first Psychologist who did an eval on me said I was clear for Recruiting. However Usarec Psychologist said I was red and that I needed to complete treatment and reapply in 6 mths. What I want to know is what treatment is he talking about. I have had 3 deployments already and face the 4th due to deletion. I have been cleared for the deployments on all occasions. There has never been any talk on taking me off any medication due to me being stable. This has been the status quo since 2005 after my first deployment. So am I suppose to lie and take myself off all medication and risk not being stable. They can use well you won't be near a military post. I take Welbutrin which is what everyone takes if they were trying to quit smoking. That you can get from any Pharmacy at Wal-Mart or Rite Aid or Walgreens. The Army has always said they were trying to get rid of the stigma of seeking mental health. I have never been criticized by my units or had a secret clearance withheld but a career enhancing opportunity has been ripped away. Was I to lie. Thats the wrong answer. I have been stable and will continue to be stable and I understand everything that USAREC has gone through with sucides and stuff but that doesn't mean to take away the chance from a capable NCO who is stable and doesn't have a track record. Whats everyones thoughts?

Posts: 58 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I really think that this is a blessing in disguise for you, and you should look at other possibilities if you are really unhappy in your current assignment other than Recruiting.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When and where did they do your mental eval. I am reservist going to the course. I have never been through one of these. What did they ask you?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 03 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I came from oconus I just went to behavioral health on post, they just asked me what I had done and seen deployed, if I had any anger issues, what I did in my spare time, and if I had any concerns about recruiting. ALOT of the guys here especially AGR didn't have theirs done prior they just make an appointment for you to at and during school hours, we did lose one soldier for PTSD issues.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 21 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As the OP suggests if you are currently on a medication it will be a deal breaker.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well I go in and do my mental eval tomorrow. I told them I had some counseling a couple years ago. Do they hold stuff against you that you did a few years back? He asked if I thought about suicide. I think everyone has at one time or another wonder what it was all about. No PTSD here but just a little counseling.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 03 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post