ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    New Recruiting School at Fort Knox
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Recruiting School at Fort Knox
 Login/Join

posted
I've recently been DA Selected and will be attending this course in June 2015. Has anyone attended the Army Recruiting Course in Fort Knox and would like to share some of their experience?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 11 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What are the chances you will get your top 6 for assignment preference? Does demographic play a big factor of where you go?

posted Hide Post
I was DA selected as well and will be attending school in March. I can update you on the experience when I finish late April. As far as assignments, I was able to lock in my assignment down to the specific station, even though I was DA selected. You just need to be proactive and get in touch with the recruiter assignments manager at USAREC G1. Keep in mind they will not even consider locking you in for anything until you are 30 days out or sooner from your school start date. I cannot give you any specifics as to what was open for assignments since the one I wanted was open.

Pride is both mans glory and destruction

Posts: 12 | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They just push my school date to 7SEP15, let me know how everything goes.

Picture of Yung_Sarge
posted Hide Post
I haven't been since they moved it to Ft Knox. I went when it was at Ft Jackson. The assignments question I can answer. Demographics does not play into assignments at the schoolhouse level. You only will get a BN level assigment, and from there the SGM, and 1SGs pull Recruiters in based on a number of factors, demographics (gender, age, where you were raised, ethnicity), others factors are MOS, Rank, etc. Believe it or not the demographics do play a significant role in individual Recruiter success. I've seen 2 differnt NCO's with different military backgrounds talk to the same applicant, and garner totally opposite responses.

Posts: 24 | Location: World Wide as the Army decides | Registered: 20 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just a quick update on the school so far.

Week 1:
Report at 1200 on Monday, formation at 1500, conduct height, weight, tattoo screenings, in-process.
This week covers basic recruiter knowledge and a general understanding of the recruiting assignment. You also conduct the APFT this week.

Week 2:
This week covers AR 601-210. I would suggest you look it over and get a general idea of what chapter covers what, as this is the bread and butter of recruiting. You need to know this. Also, we had a test this week that covered that AR.

Week 3:
This week dives deeper into the overall recruiting concepts and gives you a better understanding of how everything works. You touch on the systems you will use, as well as prospecting and operations. There is another test this week covering everything you have learned over the last 3 weeks, so take good notes and pay attention in class. Participate in study groups within your class and write down notes you may have missed that someone else got.

posted Hide Post
Also in school right now, in fact I am guessing I am in the same class as Commo_bamf. His advice is right on. Just wanted to add on the barracks, you will be in one man rooms and share a kitchen/bathroom. They just gave us pots and pans and such. They are working to set up Wifi, right now we have ethernet that you have to pay for per month. You also have free cable connected to the rooms you just need your TV and a cable cord (most don't realize we even have it.) Course has been cake as long as you pay attention and you are good at referencing your answers in the regulations.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 28 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update and visual description of the barracks. Were you DA Selected?

posted Hide Post
Here is another update:

Week 4:
We switched to another building and our class was broken down into 3 smaller classes. This week focuses on a couple of the systems we will be using during recruiting and building a packet for enlistment. This week is also the week you take your final hands on test that entails building a contract in the system. You will also get more practice on prospecting, conducting the army interview and orientation. We were issued 2 sets of ACU's and a set of ASU's this week. You get the service cap, white L/S shirt, jacket, pants and a couple other things. Be prepared to pay about $10-$15 during this as you have to pay alterations to sew some of the stuff on including service and combat stripes if you want.

Week 5:
This week is dedicated to 4 main recruiting functions. Face to face prospecting, telephone prospecting, conduct the Army interview and conduct a future soldier orientation. You also do other tasks but these 4 are the main ones. You will be graded on these functions so pay attention and make sure you study the process in which you need to complete these tasks. If your packing list says you can bring a pair of nice jeans to wear with your civilians, don't follow that. You HAVE to wear slacks or khaki pants, button up shirts and/ or polo shirts, along with nice shoes. Also a nicer jacket wouldn't hurt as it has rained on us every week since I have been here.

A couple side notes:
-Make sure you bring a cat5 cable with you so you can use internet. They are working on wireless, but it is currently only wired internet.

-We have a shared kitchen and bathroom, and they just put dishes in all the rooms so your basic needs are covered.

-We are right across the street from the classrooms and the DFAC, so you don't need to drive anywhere to do the basics of this course. There is also a shoppette about 1/2 to 3/4 miles away, along with a burger king.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info! Im leaving for ARC next week, any last minute tips to help us succeed?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just got DA Selected for recruiting and go to School in September. I was looking at some of the requirements for the school and it says yo uhave to bring a certificate from Skillport with a Certification on Microsoft Office. I am attempting to find which courses or course we need to do for this. Anyone know anything about it?

Posts: 103 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I will just go into skillport and for searching a course, just enter Microsoft Office. If nothing appears, search for excel or powerpoint.

Complete the course and print the certificate.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MisterE911:
I just got DA Selected for recruiting and go to School in September. I was looking at some of the requirements for the school and it says yo uhave to bring a certificate from Skillport with a Certification on Microsoft Office. I am attempting to find which courses or course we need to do for this. Anyone know anything about it?

Here is the link. https://usarmy.skillport.com/s...tion?content=catalog
Desktop Certification ) Microsoft ) Microsoft Office 2007 )and complete the "Getting started with" of every section.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post