ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    Asked for Afghanistan, got recruiting.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Asked for Afghanistan, got recruiting.
 Login/Join

posted
This week I emailed my branch manager asking to be attached to an Afghanistan rotation for which I knew there was a vacancy that I could fill, and was with a unit on my installation. 24 hours later I received an email confirmation of a reservation for recruiting school.

I'm a 4 year slick sleeve. I have asked 6 times to be sent to Afghanistan, and each time my request has been ignored or declined by my chain or by branch. Now I have been given a 3 year recruiting assignment, and this feels like a fuck-fuck game.

With that in mind, I'm looking for a circumstance that would preclude me from going. My NCOIC and OIC are already aggressively trying to get my orders deferred (they want me here for their own reasons, and are ok with me getting attached to a deployment), though I've heard recruiting orders are impossible to get deleted without a DCSS. I do not want to create a circumstance that would severely impact my promotion opportunities or revoke my TS security clearance, which makes this tricky.

Thus far I've found the following:

Offensive tattoo on a visible location. I have no tattoos, so this could blow up in my face.
Mental eval. Perhaps if I express my anger and disdain about being repeatedly refused an opportunity to deploy to combat, I could be precluded without a security clearance suspension.
Financial. This one's no good, as it would almost certainly result in a clearance suspension or revocation.
PT failure. This could be seen as intentional, as I've been scoring 250-290 for about 3 years.
Academic. Does recruiting school do 1059's now? I've heard both ways.

Please understand that I'm not trying to sham. On another note, does anyone know how to become an individual augmentee without the BM's assistance? I will not be dealing with him any more.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<2468>
posted
This is a "Needs of the Army" organization not "Needs of Soldier".

SFC D

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
+1 to the SFC.

You are a 4-year SGT and that is good. But now your reaction to your DA selection is rash and very immature. There have been many Soldiers that are higher in rank that wanted to deploy and were declined. Branch works their magic for a reason. I have three deployments and when I have tried to work on a path that would have interested me the most; I ran into situations that got me deployed.

I was supposed to go to another BDE that was already near the end of their deployment on my last PCS. I just returned from a year in Afghanistan when I was in Germany. I got an e-mail while on leave that a Major was tracking my inbound and pushing to have me moved to his brigade for their deployment. My orders were moved to that brigade and my slot to the advance course was now delayed. At the current time, I am experiencing almost the same and slated to deploy back to Afghanistan in six months. But these are the expectations one should have when wanting Warrant bars.

Again, needs of the Army and you do your part for the big picture. I know there is pride on wearing a combat patch because you deployed but if you are doing your part in other means (e.g. recruiting, drill); then that is your current calling. I know this is probably your last shot before Dec 2014 when the war ends but stay frosty.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 21Oct:

Offensive tattoo on a visible location. I have no tattoos, so this could blow up in my face.
Mental eval. Perhaps if I express my anger and disdain about being repeatedly refused an opportunity to deploy to combat, I could be precluded without a security clearance suspension.
Financial. This one's no good, as it would almost certainly result in a clearance suspension or revocation.
PT failure. This could be seen as intentional, as I've been scoring 250-290 for about 3 years.

Do them all, get removed from the service so that way we can have a Soldier that is willing to do what the Army asks of them.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I hate these soldiers who bitch about not getting deployed. Listen no one gives a f**k if you deployed or not. If they do they are stupid. Do your job well and stop worrying about what other people thing. I swear if I could give these idiots my deployments I would.

Posts: 75 | Registered: 30 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Go Ordnance:
quote:

Do them all, get removed from the service so that way we can have a Soldier that is willing to do what the Army asks of them.

Made me laugh, lol

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
This week I emailed my branch manager asking to be attached to an Afghanistan rotation for which I knew there was a vacancy that I could fill, and was with a unit on my installation. 24 hours later I received an email confirmation of a reservation for recruiting school.

I'm a 4 year slick sleeve. I have asked 6 times to be sent to Afghanistan, and each time my request has been ignored or declined by my chain or by branch. Now I have been given a 3 year recruiting assignment, and this feels like a fuck-fuck game.

With that in mind, I'm looking for a circumstance that would preclude me from going. My NCOIC and OIC are already aggressively trying to get my orders deferred (they want me here for their own reasons, and are ok with me getting attached to a deployment), though I've heard recruiting orders are impossible to get deleted without a DCSS. I do not want to create a circumstance that would severely impact my promotion opportunities or revoke my TS security clearance, which makes this tricky.

Please understand that I'm not trying to sham. On another note, does anyone know how to become an individual augmentee without the BM's assistance? I will not be dealing with him any more.

Just go recruiting and get it over with now that you are a young NCO, none of what you listed are good ways about going about this...and double d is right, "needs of the Army" not yours...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Illernoise:
quote:
Originally posted by Go Ordnance:

Made me laugh, lol

Made me shrug, and think "not a bad idea"

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you figure it out, let me know. I've been trying to get a deployment since '04.

If you really just want to get out of recruiting, you could adopt 5 kids.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
OP: If I ever see you I will make fun of your slick sleeve as you're super sensitive about it for some reason.

- Everyone in the army who senses weakness, 2013

Posts: 364 | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post