ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    18Aug Start Date
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

18Aug Start Date
 Login/Join

posted
I am going to ARC on 18Aug. However, im going on leave before I report to the school. I was wondering if someone could send we an example of their welcome letter because I haven't got one yet. Just to give me a better idea of what I may need before I pack up and leave. For example, I read here that some of the school will be in civilians so I imagine I would need to pack accordingly. Also what is the GTC PCS? I have a GTC but I'm not sure about the PCS part. Also I will be stationed in Rock Hill, SC and my battalion is Columbia, SC, which place will i get my BAH for?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 02 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
You get a welcome letter when you report, you should look online and get the packing list and pack accordingly, in 2008 no part of the school was in civilians, now you might have some kind of event that you might need to go to (class dinner, etc) but nothing in school.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The welcome letter states that we should bring civilian clothes (business casual) for "role playing" scenarios.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 24 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks. SSG123. Are we talking blue jeans and a button up or kahkis and a tie? Also it says bring pictures of ourselves for a scrapbook. Is this for real?

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
Business casual, kahkis and a polo shirt (dont wear your running shoes with this, bring nice shoes) LOL...yeah we didnt need to dress in civilians to do "role playing" we just did it in ACUs....yes you can either make a scrapbook before coming to the schoolhouse or make it there, so bring pictures of your career in the Army to put on there (dont forget your family if you are married)....I did a crappy one and then my wife made the one I used for 3 years in recruiting...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Haha tennis shoes. Fortunately, I'm not that guy. Thanks for the info.

posted Hide Post
What about BAH. Do you get if for where your battalion is at or where your little recruiting station is?

posted Hide Post
yes I heard yiu should bring your "I love me" book and photos from your experiences in the military.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 24 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigurse:
What about BAH. Do you get if for where your battalion is at or where your little recruiting station is?

Im pretty sure it depends on how far you are from your BN, like I was 40 miles away and BAH was the same, but im pretty sure the stations that were further away got a different BAH (oh BAH was based on the BAH my recruiting station was) but again it was the same as the battalion...

Lead by Example!!!

posted Hide Post
SSG123 i sent you a PM

Posts: 31 | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post