ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    Transportation to and from class
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transportation to and from class
 Login/Join

posted
I am scheduled to go to ARC on 24 JUN 13 to 09 AUG 13. One of the concerns I had about this course was the distance from the hotel to the school and the other areas of training. Is there anyone there now that knows how this works? The reason this is a concern is that I will be flying in to the school and won't have my POV with me. I was sent a DTS memo from the school with info that included that in and around mileage was not authorized and that GOVs would be available for use. Is there anyone on here that knows more about this than I do? Thank you in advance for you time and assistance.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 11 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm here now and graduate on Friday. We were told we were the last class staying on post, everyone that has arrived since is staying at an off post Holiday in like 15-20 minutes away, they are double bed rooms so expect to have a roommate which could work out in your favor if they drive. Every class gets a GOV van or two depending on the amount of students without vehicles, for us they designated one person to drive the entire course length, if at all possible I recommend driving so you don't have to depend on somebody for grocery trips or anything else.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 21 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
While you are at school, would you say that there is enough time to be able to do homework stuff for ARC and possible take an Online College course? Or ARC takes up a lot of time?

Posts: 31 | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
thank you for the response, I do have reservations for a holiday inn that's near the base, I was just hoping to get details about how other students like myself would be going to and from the class without a POV. Thank you for you help, I greatly appreciate the response. If there is anyone that reads this with any more information, feel free to add. I'm going into this class with little to no knowledge and this discussion board site has been more helpful than anything the RTR team has sent me

posted Hide Post
Also, on my first day there ,y flight is scheduled to land at 1204 hrs and I plan on going to the hotel to check in and store my belongings. Is there anyone on here that knows how the first day students will be getting to BLDG 10000 during the afternoon? My welcome letter says to report there at 1630 in PTs with a folder containing required documentation. Anyone have any advice? I'm more worried about the first day or two than the rest of the class, I'm sure I'll figure things out after that, I just don't like being in the dark at first.

posted Hide Post
No problem. There is more then enough time to finish everything, in the seven weeks I did everything thing in class minus a assignment we had just referencing a USAREC manual it was easy just time consuming the average time was like four hours to complete. there really isn't any studying required, all test are multiple choice, and all PEs are through blackboard also multiple choice and you can work together to finish, there is a due date on them but not a start date so you can do them all in one day if you wanted. Week 1-3 was usually 0800-1730ish with 0530 PT formation on MWF. Week 4-7 somedays 0600 in class till 1700, we did PT three times total those weeks, the days drag on but it is a breeze we started with 54? and lost maybe four for test failures. The standard is 80% here so below is a failure. CTRL F is the key to success.

posted Hide Post
The first day you show up do height and weight, and fill out your PT card, and get a overview, also get assigned to your peer groups "squad" as for getting there not sure taxi I suppose. all we turned in was the DTS orders, everything else you scan in, it is actually a grade to upload all source documents like accident avoidance and recruiter development program cert. that whole first week is just brief after brief no real work being done, your first Wednesday will be the PT test.

posted Hide Post
what is the recruiter development program? this is the first that I am hearing of it

posted Hide Post
it should have been mentioned in the email HRC sent saying you were selected. Its like an SSD course for recruiting you do it in ALMS if you don't get it done prior, you'll have to do it here its pretty short though, they will also have you do the skillport Microsoft course where you do just the basic course for Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook, I want to say we had two weeks to complete them and upload the certificates

posted Hide Post
ok, thank you, I definitely had no information provided to me about this. Also, a quick question about the GTC. In the welcome letter it said to ensure that your GTC is in the PCS program. I spoke with my GTC rep and they said not to worry about it and I didn't need it. I was wondering if this was true?

posted Hide Post
for the on post hotels we just had to turn in our orders, so we never had to use the GTC it was billed directly to the school, but we didn't get full per diem either, just what it costs to eat at the chow hall daily. I know the off post guys get full per diem but not sure how the lodging is being paid for.

posted Hide Post
ok, also, I looked up Recruiter Development Program in ALMS and it didn't return with anything. How would I go about finding it?

posted Hide Post
that's weird, so I went into ALMS I can see it in my training but when I searched for it, it didn't show for me either. You guys might not have to do it anymore, that's probably why you haven't heard of it before. It was mentioned in the prerequisites of every email I received pertaining to the course

posted Hide Post
lol, at least it wasn't being weird for just me. Thank you again for all of your help, you've given me more information then anyone else that I've talked to

posted Hide Post
No problem, the best advice to survive here is play by big boy rules, two counselings and your done we lost a student today, with one day and a wake up left, because he was late this morning. All grading was done Monday. it can be two for anything, no hair cut, being late, disrespect to peer group leaders, the course is easy its not playing the TRADOC game that gets you dropped it seems