ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    Transportation to and from class
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transportation to and from class
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
that makes sense. Oh, one last thing.... The packing list says to bring 10 copies of your orders. Does that mean the DTS orders?

Posts: 18 | Registered: 11 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yes, the travel authorization in DTS is all I turned in, and it says ten but we gave one to the hotel and one on the first day to the instructors

Posts: 34 | Registered: 21 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
ok, cool, thank you again!

posted Hide Post
SGT Eversole, were there any AGR soldiers in your class?

Posts: 31 | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
you start off as a whole class like 50-60 students together, so not much time for conversations, after week three you break up, a peer group per classroom (16 students) so I know my peer group more than the actual class. in mine 4 of 16 are AGR

posted Hide Post
I will also be in the class from 24 June to 9 Aug. I am bringing my POV and driving in from Texas. The only thing I am worried about is the test, since I am not a test wizard. I have seen in the other forums that the people that fell the test are the ones that do on purpose cause they don't want to be there. I am ready for this class to begin.
Do you still get the weekends off or is it a 7 day per week course?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 03 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't sweat the test, they are multiple choice, and open regulation, if your still stuck after those just raise your hand the instructors will "steer" you in the right direction. The failures just didn't ask for help. Acting like privates is what gets the majority sent home. We've had every weekend off and a four day in the middle of the course.

posted Hide Post
SGT Will, which hotel are you staying at and were you directed to stay there by the information from the welcome letter information?

posted Hide Post
SGT Eversole, would you mind coming back into this forum after you get back home and sort of go over the graduation process? as far as release time, movement to the airport for soldiers without POVs?

posted Hide Post
!!B...The welcome letter that I got in my email said we were staying at the Holiday Inn North. They are double occupancy rooms.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 03 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I made contact with the school today. For all students that are staying off post for the school, they will be at the Holiday Inn, 8105 Two Notch Rd, Columbia SC 29223. You have to call 803-736-5600 to verify your reservation. I will be flying in and I was directed by the school staff to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel. Then another taxi to the school from the hotel to Building 10000 on the first day to report by 1630 for inprocessing. I was told that after inprocessing we will be provided with transportation back to the hotel via GOV. We will be reporting in IPFUs.

posted Hide Post
Anyone on here know about putting your GTC into the PCS Program? The Welcome Letter states, "Ensure you are enrolled in the GTC PCS program while you have a zero balance - your GTC representative will assist you with this process". I will also be asking this question in the open forum.

posted Hide Post
Dont have a GTC yet, my damn reserve unit back home won't approve me to get one since I officially dont have reason to travel more than twice for the Army. Thanks for the specific hotel SGT Will. I am not quite as involved in the process as you are but I am trying to get as much info as I can. I still have about three months before I come home from my deployment. If my application gets accepted for recruiting I am going to be in the same boat as you are without a POV.

posted Hide Post
we did rehearsals today from start to finish, we have to be checked out of the hotel by 0630, which means everything out of the room also, the flying guys are storing their stuff in a locker room next to where we graduate. 0715 is our hard time to be seated in the auditorium in ASUs. The graduation is combined with the station commanders course they have nine and we have about 45 soldiers now. it begins at 0800 and we have been assured multiple times our NLT release time is 09:22 we get our 1059s before kickoff so once they present the class at the end we are out. As for movement to airport its all on the individual most guys are getting rides from the guys that drove, the airport is only like a 15 minute drive the others cabs. and the GOV van is turned in like two days prior. they wouldn't let anyone stay an extra day either so you have to fly the day of graduation. Ill give confirmations on times tomorrow evening. The whole double room thing sucks a lot of the other classes have been complaining of not enough room as in drawer and closet space so you might want to pack lite, but keep in mind the last three weeks is role playing so your in civilians like every other day depending on your schedule. the welcome letter mentions class As but they won't let you walk in them, unless your a big guy with some crazy jacket size you'll get ASUs issued to you and ready in time for graduation.

posted Hide Post
11B, no problem, and good luck. I hope you can figure everything out. I know that I'm definitely glad I found this site, it has helped me immensely. Much thanks to you SGT Eversole! You've been a great resource of information about the class, I'm very grateful that you posted on here! Congrats on finishing the class, be safe in your travels