Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orders
 Login/Join

posted
Just received an e-mail with a school start date of 28 April 2014 for recruiter school. I didn't apply I was just lucky enough to be selected I guess. Any advice for a future recruiter?

Posts: 33 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 22 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Use CareerBuilders.com if your BTN or Company pays for it. Out of your pocket it was well into the high hundreds, so financially it is too much for one Soldier. Attempt to be placed near ANY Military base since it will allow for decent care for you and your family as far as resources. Also, you may be able to get other services scraps. Not everyone can join the Air Force, but may be able to join the Army. It may surprisingly at times work for the reverse under some instances. Ideally, be near an Army base, but Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, etc., will all be fine if you need to get a pay advance, use ACS, get a profile, the list goes on and on. At times we take for granted our resources until you are far removed from a Military installation. If you can land Hawaii, grab it those guys are killing it here.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice! I am originally from Michigan so Great Lakes Naval Base is within driving distance if I happen to end up in my home state.

Posts: 33 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 22 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post