ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    AGR Recruiter Questions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AGR Recruiter Questions
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, have a few questions in reference to AGR Recruiting. I am in the Army Reserves, TPU, and received the email that I was placed on the AGR Consideration List. The AGR Accessions Recruiting NCO sent me an AGR Recruiter packet to be filled out, I am almost complete with the entire packet. I figured this would be the best way to get my foot in the door and in the AGR Program. They also sent me a form so they can do my RBI check and the AGR Acessions Recruiting NCO submitted the RBI Check. My questions are as follows:

1. How long does the RBI Check take?? What exactly are they looking for in the RBI Check?? I have no police record, felonies, etc..

2. Once I submit the completed AGR Recruiter packet, how long until it is reviewed and I get orders for ARC??

3. How far out are the orders cut for ARC, 30, 60, 90 Days??

4. When will I receive my information for my first assignment, while in ARC or prior to going to ARC??

4. Anyone been to the ARC within the last 6 months that would liek to share their experiences, etc??

Thanks for your help and looking forward to reading your advice and information

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Noticed noone had answered your question yet figured I'd try at least.

I had the same questions you did, I just finished my packet this past week and have been scheduled for school.

1)My RBI check took 3 weeks, as for what they are looking for, if you don't have any serious convictions on your record and you haven't filed bankruptcy or had a bunch of stuff go to collections then you are probably fine!

2)I submitted the last few things I needed to HRC and had orders the next day, BUT this is because I finished my packet 20 March (2 days ago), and my report date for school is 1 April (in 10 days).

3)explained in #2

4)when the person who cut my orders for ARC called me he had 3 choices for me to pick from as far as where my first assignment would be, I told him my preference of the 3 but I haven't seen anything regarding that choice on any official orders or memorandums. So I'm assuming you will get those at the end of ARC when they are sure you won't be dropped from the course.

I obviously have not been to ARC yet since I'm going in a week or so but if you reply to this or someone else does and you want me to post while I'm there, I would be more than happy to. Time permitting of course.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 22 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for responding!!! I also just sent HRC the last thing they needed, so I am hoping for some orders soon... Did you receive an e-mail about your RBI being approved, or did they tell you over the phone?? We may see each other at ARC, where are you trying to go???

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes I received an email saying my RBI came back good and that he (SFC Walls) was just waiting on my completed packet to schedule for school. If You want to go to school soon, I would call HRC and ask if your packet has been processed and if they have anything back on your RBI, and mention you would like to go to school soon. I said I wanted to go ASAP, and I turned my packet in completed last week and I report to school a week from tomorrow. How long ago did u submit your RBI?

posted Hide Post
Haha, small world, SFC Walls is the person I am working with at HRC, I had to retake my ASVAB because it was one point off the GT score. I retook it and got the score I needed on Thursday and sent him the printout Friday. He told me my packet was complete, and it has been around 4 weeks now for my RBI. I don't have anything major bad about my credit, just wandering why it is taking forever. If I could get a school date in April, I would be one happy camper...I am going to call him first thing tomorrow and see what he tells me, I do want to go ASAP as well..Which assignment preference did u list???

posted Hide Post
I just received an email that said I've been selected as a recruiter prospect and sent an email back saying that yes I was interested in becoming a recruiter. How long does it take from the position im in now to get it aproved? Looks like maybe about 6 weeks or so? I also have some questions about it and am planning to call them on monday to see if they can answer them.

Posts: 1 | Location: CA | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Depends on how long it takes for your RBI check to come back and how long it takes for you to fill out the packet...6 weeks would be a good estimation, just make sure, your medical stuff is up to date, APFT, DA Photo, etc...

posted Hide Post
(SGTneal92A/SSG42A30) Are both of you TPU/Reservists that submitted AGR/Recruiter packets? Im curious about what they gave you for locations? Hopefully california isnt a place that has a critical shortage of recruiters. I never want to live in california again. When i submit my AGR packet for the July 8-12 Board I am also going to submit my recruiter packet. SSG42A, how long after the board meet did you receive an email saying you were placed on the consideration list? Also, Is there a board that apporves the the recruiter packets? Or its just as simple as turning in a packet waiting for approval and gettings orders?

Posts: 31 | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, I am TPU Soldier that submitted the recruiter packet... the day after the board I received an email that I was on the consideration list... it is the same board for all AGR soldiers..

Update, my RBI got approved, should have my orders for school soon!!!

posted Hide Post
Yes I'm a TPU reservist making the transition to AGR. The time from when I originally got the email saying I was on the consideration list to now reporting to school a week from today, went by very very fast. There's a lot of stuff in the recruiter packet and based on how slow it was to receive responses from my TPU command (your commander and UA sign some documents) I was on the phone with either my unit, HRC, or someone regarding this EVERYDAY! My PT test was outdated, I drove to my TPU unit (80 miles away) an took a PT test and scanned documents back and forth with my commander all day. Scanned my completed (so I thought) packet down to HRC and waited, the next morning SFC Walls calls me and says, we got a problem. My platoon sgt initialed all the event scores and signed the NCIOC box, rendering my PT test invalid, apparently the NCOIC also has to be an E-8 or above. So I drove to the nearest reserve unit to me and took another PT test less than 24hrs after the first one lol sent him that new 705 and within the hour I had my memorandum to school and orders the next morning. I'm told that recruiter schools start weekly, which I'm assuming is true because one starts today and mine starts in 7 days. So u should be able to get an April report date. Like I said before, call call call. I spoke with SFC Walls probly 100 times he never seemed annoyed lol

posted Hide Post
Oh as for my preference list, I listed Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky. I was offered 3 options, 2 in the upper peninsula of Michigan and one in southern Wisconsin. I chose the one in wisconsin. It will be about a 6 hour move for me. Which to me is fine, it seems like a great area with a lot to do less than a half hour away. Once I told HRC which I preferred it was about 2 days later I received an "AGR Recruiting Psoition Offer" which is your official acceptance.

posted Hide Post
The next day? WOW. okay cool, well was it difficult to get the DD Form 368 process from your TPU unit? Whatever that whole process is? Im sure I dont have all the information I need to complete the packets. was there anything that you found difficult to get your hands on, information wise that I might have more difficulty getting since Im in Afghanistan?

posted Hide Post
Woa!!! SGTneal, So you just gave them the 3 geographical preference states that you put on the AGR inital tour attachment form? And they narrowed down the states you chose into areas associated with the needs of recruiters? Im not sure how it works but i know for a fact I wont be able to start any kind of movement for school or get any orders cut unit 90days after I redeploy. I hope to have the opportunity to speak to you as you go through this process. Im referring to both of you SGTneal, and SSG42A.

posted Hide Post
My 90 days will be up sometime in JAN 2014. Unfortunately.

posted Hide Post
Any one here anything about a drug and Alcohol (DAT) test result that is not older than twelve months prior to your tentative Accessions date requirement? what is this? and where do you get one?