ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    AGR Recruiter Questions
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AGR Recruiter Questions
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes, I had to do a drug test for this recruiting packet, any recruiting office can do it for you, wont take long...

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had to send in paperwork today to get a medical waiver, I have mild PTSD..The waiver takes approximately 2 days...So I should have orders this week, fingers crossed

Posts: 9 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
To be 100% honest I really didn't fin anything difficult to get my hands on. As long as you have access to AKO and can get dates the packet asks for like ETS and a lot more specific dates that I don't recall off hand you should be fine. I must have had a drug test on file because it was never mentioned to me but I'm pretty sure I took one before going to Guatemala in the summer. The main thing about this recruiter packet is if you don't know something, knowing how to find it, if you don't know that, ask ask ask. I can help you with anything I can and I will post while I'm at school, and keep you guys up to date on anything you wanna know. I super stoked about it all, while most people will make it doin like recruiting is a suicide mission, I welcome the challenge.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 22 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I agree, Ive heard some good and alot of ugly about this job. But Im the same way about challenges. I think i would be better at selling the Army as a full-time job rather than part-time. I saw Afghan male this morning riding a motorcycle with two small young kids riding in front of him on the gas tank, with his wife on the back holding two small kids one in each arm. It was awesome!! SGTneal, im defintely curious about how school is going to go and your PCS process.SSG42A, has HRC given you any specific areas to choose from out of the 3 states you put in your packet? You know, Im sort of confused about why they do the preference map if they limit the options way down.

Posts: 31 | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No, on one of the forms you place your three assignment preferences. I chose Texas, Florida. And Colorado, so far no offer for any place yet, I assume that should be coming soon once I get my orders for school like he did also, we shall see..I too am ready for a challenge and being a Miltech, the difference in pay is way better, not to mention the benefits!!

posted Hide Post
I was thinking about putting florida as well for the state assignment preferences. As well as Tennessee, and maybe North Carolina. I live in colorado springs and Im ready for someplace new. Either of you speak to a guy by the name of SFC Anglin up at the accessions branch?

posted Hide Post
Guys sorry I haven't had a chance to post yet, tommorow is day 5 here at ARC for me and I think a total of 7 guys have been dropped so far, 4 for Tattoos and 3 for busting tape. It's crazy busy getting settled in with all the CSM briefs and all kinds of stuff. Homework or "work ahead" assignments every night. Have your Accudent Avoidance Certificate in a digital form in your email to upload when u get here. Know how to do the new PRT. The active duty guys get their assignments Monday, day 7. Us agr's already know. As far as living quarters, you have a room to yourself, bed, microwave, fridge, flat screen, DVD player, 2 closets, a desk. It's pretty much a hotel. But that won't apply to anyone reporting after May 1 because after that they are only lodging ARC students in hotels of post. If you can, POV down here, this place is huge and everywhere you need to be (PT field, school house, px, hotel) is super spread out. PT test the first Wednesday you are here.
Anyone got orders yet or more questions? I'll check in this weekend to answer any I can!

posted Hide Post
What kind of tattoo issues did those guys get dropped for? If a tattoo isnt visible at all, you should be good to go right? Did you end up getting southern Wisconsin out of the 3 choices they gave you? How many AGR guys are there with you? I never got issued the new Dress Blues, will i have to pay out of pocket to get some before I get there? I would imagine that wearing that uniform would be part of the course requirments. im still working on the AGR packet info right now, and getting my OMPF squared away.OH! so i guess you need to bring a laptop then? or is one issued to you like at Battle Staff? Thanks for the info

posted Hide Post
Any guys there tried to get into the NYC area that you know of?

posted Hide Post
Tattoos cannot be visible AT ALL in ASU's! Plain and simple no exceptions. not even a little bit. a guy got dropped because there was a tiny line from his sleeve tttoo that went about a haf inch on to his hand! Yes i officially accepted the Baraboo Wisconsin assignment i was offered, ive done some research and it seems like a nice area. i also called my station and checked in and seen about my sponsor and if they can help me ahead of time finding housing options. There are 10 of us agr guys and the instuctor said thats alot! the class is about 70+. no females at all, that is also rare they said. Do not worry about ASU's, even if you have been issued a set they will issue you another, as far as we know that will be week 4 so fittings can be done by graduation. bring all awards and decorations from your greens. you will also be issued 2 fresh sets of ACU's. you can request a laptop but its an Acer Netbook (SUCKS). if possible bring your own, cac reader also if possible, makes all the signing in involved in homework easier. as far as AGR guys getting NYC i dont think anyone ive talked to has, everyone has been boston, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin.

posted Hide Post
So the did the AGR guys that got Boston, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin previously pick states in those kinds of areas and thats why they were given those choices? Or did they pick other states in the country, and the needs of the Army didnt leave them any choice but to get stationed in those states?

posted Hide Post
Well I think most of the AGR guys got close. I chose Ohio, Kentucky, and Michigan and got Wisconsin. But it's a great area and upon further research I realize its actually Alot better than most that I could have been placed.

posted Hide Post
How do you determine what makes a good place to get sent to? Are there rumors about certain parts of the country that have been tough on recruiters? Tough in a sense of meeting monthly quotas, not tough being away from resources of an army post. how do the rest of the AGR guys feel about their assignments? Any rumors about certain BDEs that need recruiters?

posted Hide Post
A couple off questions. Are they doing the new pt test or the regular one? And do people just need to pass it or do we have to score 80% or higher on the PT test. Just asking because I had to retake mine because I had scored 77% on one of the events. Also as far like homework what would you recommend on studying up on? I have been going to the recruiter station here and they have been teaching me the process of putting packets together and waivers.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 07 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SGTHern, how did the assignment preference process go for you? What 3 states did you pick and were the offers that HRC gave you anywhere close to your preferences? How long after you submitted your recruiter packet did you recieve orders for school?