ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Recruiter Discussion    OCONUS PCS during shutdown
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OCONUS PCS during shutdown
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently 21 days from my DEROS and have yet to recieve any orders to my recruiting assignment. Right now my Unit is telling me that all PCS moves have been put on hold. And no new orders are being cut. Any one run into the same problem? Or anyone heard whether or not this hold will apply to recuiting duty as well?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I HEARD a similiar rumor here in Hawaii.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I PCS in 2 months and was told that nothing will change but I am CONUS. Also, DA civilians are returning today back to work so keep calling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheWiseChief,

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdeneso88:
I am currently 21 days from my DEROS and have yet to recieve any orders to my recruiting assignment. Right now my Unit is telling me that all PCS moves have been put on hold. And no new orders are being cut. Any one run into the same problem? Or anyone heard whether or not this hold will apply to recuiting duty as well?

Check out Alaract 254 which was issued on 4 October. States that all in-process PCS moves are suspended and no new PCS moves will be issued. Our guidance was that only those individual who possessed FY13 travel orders would be allowed to leave.

Posts: 467 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The word I got from MPD was no new orders will be cut and PCS moves will be suspended until the shutdown ends. Same thing the Alaract states.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 02 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There are some "excepted" PCS that will still happen, basically South Korea, those associated with supporting Afganistan, and a few other select PCS.

ALARACT 257/2013 5 Oct 2013

3.C.1.F.2. (U/FOUO). ADD. MILITARY AND CIVILIAN PCS MOVES WITH A PCS
ORDER DATE ON OR AFTER 1 OCT 2013 WILL BE LIMITED AS FOLLOWS: (1)
MOVES TO AN EXCEPTED ACTIVITY WILL CONTINUE; (2) MOVES FROM AN
EXCEPTED ACTIVITY WILL CONTINUE ONLY TO THE EXTENT THE COMMANDER OF
THE EXCEPTED ACTIVITY DETERMINES IT ESSENTIAL TO THE MISSION OR
REQUIRED TO ENHANCE SUPPORT OF EXCEPTED ACTIVITIES; (3) MILITARY
PERSONNEL ACCESSION AND TRAINING MOVES ASSOCIATED WITH RECRUITMENT AND
INITIAL ENTRY TRAINING WILL CONTINUE, ALONG WITH SUBSEQUENT MOVEMENT
TO FIRST STATION AS REQUIRED TO SUPPORT EXCEPTED ACTIVITIES; (4)
MILITARY PERSONNEL MOVEMENT TO COMPLY WITH SEPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
WILL CONTINUE.

MILPER 13-290 7 Oct 2013

(1) MOVES TO AN EXCEPTED ACTIVITY WILL CONTINUE. EXAMPLES OF EXCEPTED ACTIVITIES INCLUDE MOVES TO AREAS SUCH AS KOREA OR KUWAIT. SEE ALARACT MESSAGE 241/2013, SUBJECT: CONTINUATION OF ESSENTIAL OPERATIONS IN THE ABSENCE OF AVAILABLE APPROPRIATIONS (REFERENCE A) ANNEX A2 ABOVE FOR LISTING OF EXCEPTED ACTIVITIES.

Posts: 178 | Location: Fort Myer, VA | Registered: 21 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdeneso88:

Because of the shutdown there is no PCS for any orders dated on or after 1 OCT 13, also there is no recruiting school classes since there is no money for TDYs....

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post