ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  United States Army Sergeants Major Academy    What do you really do at the Sergeant's Major Academy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you really do at the Sergeant's Major Academy?
 Login/Join

Picture of SSG Schwartz
posted
I know that during PLDC, I had details. At BNCOC, I had to do CQ. Do Sergeant Majors at the school have to pull CQ over the weekends? Do they have in ranks inspections?

If not, what is the school like?

SSG Schwartz

If NCO's did their job, I wouldn't have mine.

Posts: 232 | Location: FT Leavenworth | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of teh_hook
posted Hide Post
I have been wondering the same question for 3 years... Only because I knew a guy that pissed hot for cocaine while he was there. Busted back to E-8 and forced retired. I heard this as I was waiting to go to the E-6 board, greatest news ever.

Thanks for all the guidance and our, how did you put it to the CSM that day "Obtuse" relationship 1SG!!!!

Kids don't do drugs.

Posts: 44 | Location: DC | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
As a former student at USASMA, I will tell you that the course is considerably different than WLC, BNCOC, and ANCOC. To answer your quesiton, we do pull staff duty, usually twice during a 9-month course, which consist of locking up around a couple hundered doors (which is painful!) and answering phones.

The schools is much like attending a university. This is a typical day:
0600-0700 PT on your own
0700-0900 Per Hyg/Brkfst
0900-1200 Classroom time
1200-1300 Lunch
1300-1600 Classroom time

On Fridays, we are usually in the auditorium from 0850 until 1700, attending various briefings from various commands.

NO INSPECTIONS!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 05 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
so all in all a pretty standard work day in the army.

Posts: 416 | Location: FT Monroe, VA | Registered: 17 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of regulator
posted Hide Post
It sounds like to me that all you do when you go to the SGMs Academy is sit around in a vacuum all day like Commissioned Officers and think of crazy stuff to do, like renaming the place. I mean no disrespect, but it seems like a waste of government funds to me. There's no way to teach you how to be a CSM or SGM. That comes from experience. To me the SGMs Academy seems useless. It makes me feel as if the Army is taking its NCOs as a joke. As if we're not the entities that grow and lead our Army. I don't like feeling as if my time is being wasted. By the time I make it to that level I seriously hope that they revamp that school to make it fitting for a Senior NCO and not just a bunch of briefings that youwould probably fall asleep in.

Just my 2 cents...

NCOs lead the way!!!

FOLLOW ME

Posts: 70 | Location: Anywhere the Army sends me | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post