ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    ERB - Correspondence Courses Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ERB - Correspondence Courses Question
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know how are the correspondence courses credit hours annotated on the ERB - do we only get credit for completing full courses, or do we get credit for full courses and subcourses?

Also, I know for promotion boards, every five credit hours equals one promotion point. But, does the same rule applies when annotating the total credit hours on your ERB?

I have a total of 1,010 credit hours including both full courses and subcourses. But only 317 credit hours are from full courses. What should be annotated on my ERB - 1,010 or 317?

Lastly, my S1 rep tried to annotate 1,010 but it wouldn't let him. If I am maxed out, what's the maximum number he can annotate on my ERB?

If anyone knows where I can find this information in the regs, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
MILPER Message Number 11-084 Army Correspondence Courses for Promotion Points

Section 5, para F(2)(G)
ARMY CORRESPONDENCE COURSE COMPLETION OF TRAINING, DISTANCE LEARNING AND ARMY E-LEARNING
COURSES (NO SUB-COURSES). (ERB – SECTION VI)

Subcourses no longer count for promotion points, only full courses. This is why your S1 was unable to give you your total credit hours.

Military Signature
Create your Profile at MyArmedForces.com

There is no task that is impossible, as long as you don't care who gets the credit.

Posts: 941 | Location: Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
The only sub-courses that can be annotated on your ERB is any and all Skillport courses. This is because they are all full courses in and of themselves. They're divided into sections so you can easily navigate the IT, MOS, etc. specific courses. Kind of like a library.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post