ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
 Login/Join

Picture of 35 Series
posted
We were given a brief that in order to stay in the Army and as part of trimming down the force, that everyone would have to do a list of things at their skill level.

For me at 40 level there were two main tasks: SGT Audie Murphy board and SSD courses.

I found the link for and registered for the SSD course for my skill level, but it just put a "dummy" placeholder course in my ALMS. I sent them a tech support message and they haven't gotten back to me even though I've sent it a few times.

I'm going to be on convalescent leave here for the next 10-14 days and I was hoping to knock some of it out.

Has anyone successfully registered?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2481 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
crap I didnt even know where to register, my unit wont register me for phase 1 ALC even though I already completed the real ALC and all I want is to do the online crap....they told us at ALC that new PVTs have to do some online stuff after they get to their first unit, then some to go to WLC, then some to go to ALC and so on and so on...im pretty sure this is what you are talking about....

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3939 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 51C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M4LN7PF:
We were given a brief that in order to stay in the Army and as part of trimming down the force, that everyone would have to do a list of things at their skill level.

For me at 40 level there were two main tasks: SGT Audie Murphy board and SSD courses.

I found the link for and registered for the SSD course for my skill level, but it just put a "dummy" placeholder course in my ALMS. I sent them a tech support message and they haven't gotten back to me even though I've sent it a few times.

I'm going to be on convalescent leave here for the next 10-14 days and I was hoping to knock some of it out.

Has anyone successfully registered?

Did you try to register through ALMS or ATRRS?

Posts: 466 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SSD 3 and SSD 4 will not be available till May....

"Sometimes the roots of democracy have to be watered with the blood of patriots"

Posts: 253 | Location: Ft Hood! | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
And they told you to go Audie Murphy to stay in? Its not really a choice, you have to be recommended to go Audie Murphy. Not everyone is Audie Murphy material.

"Sometimes the roots of democracy have to be watered with the blood of patriots"

Posts: 253 | Location: Ft Hood! | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
No we just had to attempt to go to the board, not necessarily be recommended.

Posts: 2481 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of essentials1981
posted Hide Post
So there I was just sitting in my comfy little chair this morning when the CSM approached me and asked if I had registered for SSD I.

I can't even find where to sign up for it at.

What is this a component of or where should I start looking for it?

Posts: 9 | Registered: 06 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
It's in ALMS in AKO. send me your email I will show you.

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, I got ANOTHER email from ALMS saying I'm registered for the course. Tried it again. Website doesn't (or at the time at least) even work anymore.

Typical Army to release crap without being ready (think of the ASUs and having like 5% of the CSIB badges ready for production at the time of release).

Picture of 11B32B
posted Hide Post
Not just you SFC Jones, I was about 3/4 way done with SSD1 and now I can't even find out how to access it since they changed the website up. Every link that looks like it will launch it launches some other crap. It was simple before, now, not so much..

Posts: 442 | Location: Europe | Registered: 21 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where to go to sign up for ALC? Somehow without my knowledge someone signed me up for ALC because its on my ERB. How do I register for it? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 161 | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How do I register for the SSD course, and where are they located? I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
william12, all you have to do is go to www.lms.army.mil , once there click on the "catalog search" bar, and type "structured" in the search menu. All of them should pop up, so just click the "register" tab on any of the ones appropriate for your rank or level you are trying to register for. There are plenty of "repeats" so just click on any of the ones with the right level. It might pop up with some information for you to fill in, CAC card, etc, after that go ahead and close out of the website, wait a few minutes, and then log back in to the same web site and click on the "current enrollments" bar, you should see it op up there if done properly. Then click on the "launch" button to actually start the course.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sarge G, read my reply for william12... If I am not mistaken, they are not calling them BNCOC, ALC, SLC, etc any more, they are going to be calling them all SSD Level_. If you are registered for ALC, then go to the www.lms.army.mil website, they will make you log in with your CAC card or AKO log in, click on "current enrollments" and see if it is listed there. IF they did it properly, you might see SSD Level 3 somewhere in that section. If so, just click on the "launch" button to start the course. I highly reccomend using a computer with fast speed and reliable connections. The course is being overloaded with practically the entire Army logging on to do these courses. Best of luck.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MRever91
posted Hide Post
So I have finished SSD1 and was wondering how I can find the Certificate of Training I am supposed to receive for it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post