ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I made a post about this early today...not sure if it was a computer problem or what but i have seen this post a lot in the last few days..i was on the phone with ALMS help desk for an hour today..the proble did get fixed but nothing i could have done on my own..

SFC T

Posts: 161 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
And here I was worried.

I mean after MG school, Battle Staff and SLC I felt incomplete..........but now there 's another DL course for me to take......YEA!!!!!!!

Because we all know that a bunch of powerpoints viewed over a slow internet connection will really make a difference.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I recently finished the module 2 exam on SSD-1, once I was complete I signed off and waited until the next day to start on module 3. When I signed on the next day it said I was unsuccessful on the mod 2 exam eventhough I scored a 75. Also it says I have to reregister for the entire course now, which seems to be more complicated than it should, as is most online Army training. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar problems? And how to fix them.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
has anyone else had trouble getting the modules to launch? I registered just fine and everything is listed on my ALMS, but when I go to launch mod1 it just pops up with a generic army title page with no information on it.

SGT(p) V

I am having the same issue! I click the introduction it did that. Then I went through a few more, they loaded and do the intro but then nothing else but shows me "progress summary" now all of them are doing a generic page. But now my introduction module says "completed."

Anyone know what causes this issue? (Emailed help desk waiting on them).

Posts: 79 | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Can you get certificates or do you need to just show your ATTRS unofficial transcript that shows you completed SSD? I completed SSD 4 but don't have a cert. It shows that I completed SSD 1 but was I just given automatic credit because I completed PLDC in 2003? How do I get certs for these?

I notice in ALMS completed courses you can get a cert for each module, but do you not get anything that says you completed? Anything that should go on the ERB etc?

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2481 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
35M48, I have not done the SSD's but I know when I was converting to 79R (which I did not) I had to complete the Station Commander's course phase 1 online in ALMS and it did not give me anything saying I graduated, just turned in a print out that stated I completed all the little courses in it.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3939 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M48S1PF:
I notice in ALMS completed courses you can get a cert for each module, but do you not get anything that says you completed? Anything that should go on the ERB etc?

It doesn't go on your ERB as an individual course, but it gives you 80 correspondence hours. If you pull up your ATRRS transcript, it will show there that you completed it.

Posts: 44 | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Ok thank you

Posts: 2481 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Is anyone stuck on mod 1, mTBI, SSD 1? I take the test at the end of the first part, and it just has a black screen instead of playing the fun music saying you have completed the course. The only button available is the X to exit button, which of course doesn't give me credit for completion.

Actually I lied, it gives me credit. But damn these classes are buggy as hell. Typical Army, release some half ass product.

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
To all. ALMS is having MULTIPLE problems with this site. I took SSD 3 Module 3 test 3 times(passing) and it showed me not passing. I called and the guy informed me there is excessive amounts of problems. When you take a test and you "don't pass", call them! I was enrolled in SSD 4 after graduating SLC. But now, None of the courses will "Launch". They are fixing the problem. It's over a week now and still can't start. So for all these problems, call them and they will fix it right there. Hope this helps.

When was the last time YOU recited and lived by the NCO Creed?

Posts: 136 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by svt3565:
To all. ALMS is having MULTIPLE problems with this site. I took SSD 3 Module 3 test 3 times(passing) and it showed me not passing. I called and the guy informed me there is excessive amounts of problems. When you take a test and you "don't pass", call them! I was enrolled in SSD 4 after graduating SLC. But now, None of the courses will "Launch". They are fixing the problem. It's over a week now and still can't start. So for all these problems, call them and they will fix it right there. Hope this helps.

whats the number over there. I can not get mine to lauch. It still says begin registration and i have clicked on it and all it says is error. I know i am registered for it since i have confirmation emails from ATRRS and ALMS.

Posts: 2 | Location: Grafenwohr | Registered: 01 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
you have to search for a minute on there to find it. It says they are 24/7. I figured out why I couldn't launch my level 4, module 1 classes. Unlike level 3, there is a Letter of Instructions (alphabatized in your ALMS)in Level 4. So I had to go in the back of my ALMS courses, launch that one, then all the Level 4, module 1 "Launch" boxes came up. Might help you guys out in this future situation.

Posts: 136 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
This shit is really starting to piss me off. I'm in SSD 1, module 4, squad drill section, section 3. The test at the end is bugged and you can't do anything. And since it doesn't save your place within the mod, you have to restart the whole section over again which is aggravating. What a piece of shit system.

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to figure out why your taking Level 1? You would have been grandfathered in to start at Level 4.
But to your problem, you can email or call them and tell them what's going on.
I was going to take my Level 4, Module 1 exam this weekend and suprise suprise, There is a caution that pops up after question 1 with some mismatch B.S so now I can't even get to question 2. This whole set up is B.S that doesn't even relate closely to what I would ever do in my Aviation job, but hey, higher up got multiple NCOER bullets for this program.
FYI: For the exams, look on the top right where it says "launch" (or something to that) and it will open up the FM or AR that relates to the question. On that note, 1/4 of the time, the page will not display. Yet another flaw. Hope all my findings help you NCO's to save you some frustration and pass it to your Soldiers. It's not just 1 person with this problem.

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Or it brings up the wrong FM/AR.

Additionally, after the third time around, I finally got the exam to complete, finished the module, it gave me an error and then kicked me out!!! Goddamn it I'm so sick of this stupid shit.

I'm doing it because it's hard for me to ask my Soldiers to deal with this bullshit if I haven't done it all myself. I've already done SSD IV, I'm going to knock out SSD III after this.