ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
In reference to my last...when the exam fails to close, just let the time run out and it will give you your score! Thank God! I passed...now onto the last module......

Posts: 2 | Registered: 26 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mulkeyowns
posted Hide Post
Just wondering - Is there any way to go backwards to redo the lessons? For example, I did all the lessons for Module 2 SSD1 and failed the test, now it won't let me go back to the lessons to refresh. It's been a couple months now and I can't even really remember what the lesson content was. I want to finish it but I don't want to fail the test more than once! Anyone else with this problem?

I've also got a few fixes for a couple people that I had to use, and don't know if anyone's suggested them yet:

1. Make sure your browser is compatible. In one situation, it let me start and do part of a course, but towards the end of the course it either froze up or whatever. Changing the browser to a compatible one fixed my problems 75% of the time.

2. Make sure your popup blocker is off or allows popups from ALMS (I know, it specifically says this, but some people don't think of it)

3. Delete your cookies. Cookies are stored parts of web pages that are there to make sure the website loads faster the second or third time you go. Sometimes cookies are downloaded incorrectly and can cause errors with the website, and deleting them might help your problem. *Disclaimer: You might have to log in again*

4. If all else fails, contact ALMS technical support. They helped me the one time I needed their help, in my situation a lesson was freezing at a certain spot, every time I tried.

Hope this helped someone somewhere.

Posts: 55 | Location: Fort Drum | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I seriously want to throw this computer through a window...

I just started SSD IV and am having trouble getting the first two lessons in module 1 to open. I get an error message stating Error loading the intro vider error 1009. Called the help desk and the only answer was to keep trying to open it. What a crap answer. It is obvious when you call the help desk that they are following a troubleshooting flow chart and have no clue about the program they are supporting.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get these lessons to load? The same computer worked fine for SSD III (once I found out that you have to open the LOI module first. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
I think your having the same problem as I am. When I go to take exam 1, under level IV, I get those messages and then on every single question. I emailed them, never got a response back. Then I called. The guy told me my CAC reader was having a mismatch with my computer, that my computer had to have installed an update, and that's why there is a mismatch now. So I completly uninstalled my CAC reader, reinstalled and still have the same result. So at this point, unless I go to a gov't computer, I'm stuck on exam 1. I have put a bunch of posts under this topic section of all my related problems. I think the guy was just blowing smoke up my butt as they did you. Yes, this whole system is just crap and nothing we can do about it. Someone(CSM) got a bad ass bullet on their NCOER on how they established and enforced this program to make us the best NCO's the Army can offer......and then didn't give a s#*t if it worked or not. This course has wasted more of us NCO's time then I could have ever imagined. I'm just frustrated with the whole thing. So the anser to your question is....there is no answer. Every NCO for himself on whatever he can figure out with this crap program.

When was the last time YOU recited and lived by the NCO Creed?

Posts: 136 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Nukem1040
posted Hide Post
Forgot to comment on the 'ol LOI. No where does it state there is a LOI at the back of each Level, in order to start "launching" your classes. I completed Level III, so when I started IV, I was lost in the sauce. I called them and they acted as if I was retarded for not knowing the "LOI is alphabetical so it's all the way in the back". Just this past week I sat down with a SSG I ran into couldn't figure out how to start, so I went in his, found the LOI and now he can start. He looked at me and said "really?".
We need a NCO to contact someone up high to either drop a nuke on this course, or actually fix it.

When was the last time YOU recited and lived by the NCO Creed?

Posts: 136 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i have just registered for SSD1 but i have no idea how to start it i have already gone TO ALMS and clicked on launch but nothing happens

javascript:switchAvatarImg('53')

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
In order to launch it, make sure you turn off pop-up blocker.

The problem I have is once I get to the screen where the two Army logos are in the upper left and right corner the window just stays black and nothing happens. The bottom part says press any key to continue.... I've mashed every button on the keyboard and nothing happens.

Posts: 1 | Location: Ft. Leonard Wood  | Registered: 01 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well, the Army is implementing this SSD in OCT 2012, it is going to slow down alot of NCO's.

I know that the drawdown is causing the Army to force cut Soldiers... but dang this SSD is a very clever scheme to make NCO's rage quit, and ETS. jk. jk.

I am having a very difficult time myself, I find that I am constantly supressing my urge to develop explosive devices and destroy my very expensive computer. It helps if you do not devote too much time to it.

Either way, we all have to get them done one way or another.

"I did my best.. but I guess my best is not good enough.."

Pacman

Posts: 34 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: 08 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had the same error message! I only tried the first two classes for, "Level 4_Mod 1. After two days of trying to get through to Customer Service, they acted like I was the first person with the, "Error loading the intro video error 1009." Then took me through the following steps:

1. Deleted Internet Explorer Browsing History
2. Delete some Java files

and the best part!

3. Had me launch the last assignment, "#4 Develop a METL"

It launched while the tech was on the phone. So I thought the problem was fixxed.

The Tech told me to complete the courses in reverse order, "4-3-2-1" and it would work.

NOPE!!! the 4-3 classes launched but when I got to 2 or 1 get the same old, "Error loading the intro vider error 1009" and can not do any classes at all because I can't finish the module!

So learn from my mistakes.... If you get a tech on the phone or to respond! Make sure the First two modules Launch, not the 3rd or 4th!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
same here, tried the reverse method and it worked for 4 and 3 but 2 is junk.....
anyone have any other tricks to get this stuff done? i sure hate to waste time on this for it to keep giving me the same error.....

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was having issues with level 1 while in Kuwait, emailed tech support, and the issue was resolved quickly. That may or may not work for everyone.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 02 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
does anyone know how to take the exam at the end of SSD 1?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Paul O'Neal
posted Hide Post
I've done the first 3 lessons on SSD I. The rest of the lessons will not evaluate no matter how many times i take them.

Paul D O'Neal Jr

Posts: 2 | Location: West Memphis,Arkansas | Registered: 02 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I worked my way through half of SSD1, and made it to MOD3, then in the middle of that...it decides to stop working. Civilian pc, govt pc, on anything. Helpdesk is so backed up they aren't even answering calls, just taking voicemails and it has been 11 days since i left a vm for them. Apparently, any open classes not completed by sept 19 will be going bye bye and i'll have to re-do them. This is complete insanity.

Posts: 1 | Location: Stockbridge, GA | Registered: 12 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anyone know the e-mail address for the ALMS Helpdesk. I tried calling but after 45 minutes on the phone, decided I have better things to do than waste my day on hold.

I am having the same error 1009 problem quite a few other people are having. Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post