ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Structured Self Development (SSD) courses
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Ok. I see others share my frustration. How can I complete the training if none of the SSD activates?

Posts: 625 | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have registered into SSD 3 waited for confirmation and went and completed my "introduction to SSD 3" now when i try to even launch the damn module 1 all I get is a damn tan screen and in the background "Please keep this window open during lesson". Now i contacted the ALMS desk 1-800-275-2872 and the rep told me I had to uncheck a box and that would fix it.... WRONG. Now I ask you this why are we doing this and the system has SERIOUS flaws??? I mean I can not even get started being bored of the lesson and I am frustrated wanting to punch a hole in my monitor.
If anyone has suggestions as to how to fix this or insight , throw me a bone.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 14 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of INTEL NCO
posted Hide Post
i completed SSD3 a couple of months and just recently I checked my ALMS and say that i was enrolled to SSD4. Is this possible i did not go to SLC yet?

All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership.

Posts: 174 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
SSD 3 is a requirement for ALC

assuming you completed ALC, it automaticly enrolled you in SSD 4 so you can get that requirement out of the way before you do SLC

Posts: 171 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Correct me if i am wrong but SSD 3 is Prerequisites for SLC. I have Compleated 1,3 and 4 with problems in each. I was going to do SSD 5 but it disapeared .

Posts: 1 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SSD 3 is not currently a requirement for SLC, but will be in the future. At this time no SSD is a requirement to attend an NCOES school. There is a ALARACT message out that does show the phase in dates where SSDs will be a pre-requisite to attend NCOES.

Also, Hellz, there is no SSD required to attend ALC. ALC has it's own online course that does not fall under the SSD framework at this time. It is commonly refered to as SSD 2, but you cannot just self enroll yourself one day and finish it the next.

ALARACT 216/2012
DTG: R 101452Z Aug 12

SUBJECT: STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT (SSD) PREREQUISITE FOR NCOES

1. REFERENCES:
A. ALARACT 288/2010 STRUCTURED SELF-DEVELOPMENT (SSD) GOVERNANCE: IMPLEMENTATION OF SSD POLICY, DTG: 151806Z SEP

B. ALARACT 300/2010 STRUCTURED SELF-DEVELOPMENT (SSD) GOVERNANCE: IMPLEMENTATION OF SSD POLICY, DTG: 271533Z SEP

C. AR 350-1, ARMY TRAINING AND LEADER DEVELOPMENT, 18 DEC 09.

D. AR 600-100, ARMY LEADERSHIP, 8 MAR 07.

2. THIS MESSAGE APPLIES TO THE REGULAR ARMY, US ARMY RESERVE, AND ARMY NATIONAL GUARD.

3. THE EFFECTIVE DATE FOR SSD TO BECOME A PREREQUISITE FOR NCOES AS OUTLINED IN REFERENCE A IS CHANGED.

4. EFFECTIVE 1 APR 13, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 1 (SSD-1) IS A PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THE WARRIOR LEADER
COURSE (WLC).

EFFECTIVE 1 JUN 13, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 3 (SSD-3) IS A PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THE SENIOR LEADER COURSE
(SLC).

EFFECTIVE 1 JUN 13, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 4 (SSD-4) IS A PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THE SERGEANT MAJOR COURSE
(SMC).

EFFECTIVE 1 JAN 15, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 5 (SSD-5) IS A PREREQUISITE FOR
NOMINATIVE ASSIGNMENTS.

5. POINTS OF CONTACT FOR THIS MEMORANDUM ARE SGM HENRY MCCLELLAN; COMMERCIAL: 703-692-5672; NIPR:
HENRY.L.MCCLELLAN.MIL@MAIL.MIL OR MR. RONALD SCHEXNAYDER; COMMERCIAL: 703-614-9701; NIPR:
RONALD.A.SCHEXNAYDER.CTR@MAIL.MIL.

6. EXPIRATION DATE CANNOT BE DETERMINED AT THIS TIME

Posts: 209 | Registered: 25 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
cant argue with regs....

i will add though that you can sign up for a SSD course and complete it right away..

i know this for a fact because i am done with SSD 1, 3 and 4 with ALC Phase 1 in there too.all the SSD's took about 2 to 3 weeks total and ALC P1 that took about 6 days to complete.

posted Hide Post
I have a question where do i start with ssd if i have been to pldc?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 23 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
according to the regs posted above, you dont need to do anything. Since you went back when it was PLDC, you are grandfathered in (credited with SSD 1)

your next step is ALC Comm. Core and Resident course.

If you look in AKO, in My Training and ACT, it will give you a grapgh of what you have completed so far. not sure if it is 100% accurate, but it does provide a some type of a career path

posted Hide Post
Is it true that you don't get correspondence hours for SSD1 anymore because it is now part of WLC? All my buddies got their hours for it and i got done before them. I went to s1 and the dude there said that i will not get hours for it because its now part of WLC. if anybody here can help me i would appreciate it. thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Constant lurker here commenting to the last post.

I took SSD1 about a week and a half ago and just today I saw that the correspondance hours are on my ERB.

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I DID ALC-CC and as soon as i passed i was enrolled in SSD 3 i am on mod 1 and just finsished lession 3 of 9. My question is their an easy way to do it all with out writing all my notes by hand and getting writers cramp also how is the test on SSD 3 easy? hard? any input who finished SSD 3 would be great.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
I completed SSD 3 and SSD 4 without taking notes. It's not really that hard if you actually pay attention to the course material. A word of advice is to not let a lot of time pass before you take the tests.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by InfantrytoSignal:
SSD 3 is not currently a requirement for SLC, but will be in the future. At this time no SSD is a requirement to attend an NCOES school. There is a ALARACT message out that does show the phase in dates where SSDs will be a pre-requisite to attend NCOES.

Also, Hellz, there is no SSD required to attend ALC. ALC has it's own online course that does not fall under the SSD framework at this time. It is commonly refered to as SSD 2, but you cannot just self enroll yourself one day and finish it the next.

ALARACT 216/2012
DTG: R 101452Z Aug 12

SUBJECT: STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT (SSD) PREREQUISITE FOR NCOES

1. REFERENCES:
A. ALARACT 288/2010 STRUCTURED SELF-DEVELOPMENT (SSD) GOVERNANCE: IMPLEMENTATION OF SSD POLICY, DTG: 151806Z SEP

B. ALARACT 300/2010 STRUCTURED SELF-DEVELOPMENT (SSD) GOVERNANCE: IMPLEMENTATION OF SSD POLICY, DTG: 271533Z SEP

C. AR 350-1, ARMY TRAINING AND LEADER DEVELOPMENT, 18 DEC 09.

D. AR 600-100, ARMY LEADERSHIP, 8 MAR 07.

2. THIS MESSAGE APPLIES TO THE REGULAR ARMY, US ARMY RESERVE, AND ARMY NATIONAL GUARD.

3. THE EFFECTIVE DATE FOR SSD TO BECOME A PREREQUISITE FOR NCOES AS OUTLINED IN REFERENCE A IS CHANGED.

4. EFFECTIVE 1 APR 13, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 1 (SSD-1) IS A PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THE WARRIOR LEADER
COURSE (WLC).

EFFECTIVE 1 JUN 13, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 3 (SSD-3) IS A PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THE SENIOR LEADER COURSE
(SLC).

EFFECTIVE 1 JUN 13, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 4 (SSD-4) IS A PREREQUISITE TO ATTEND THE SERGEANT MAJOR COURSE
(SMC).

EFFECTIVE 1 JAN 15, STRUCTURED SELF DEVELOPMENT 5 (SSD-5) IS A PREREQUISITE FOR
NOMINATIVE ASSIGNMENTS.

5. POINTS OF CONTACT FOR THIS MEMORANDUM ARE SGM HENRY MCCLELLAN; COMMERCIAL: 703-692-5672; NIPR:
HENRY.L.MCCLELLAN.MIL@MAIL.MIL OR MR. RONALD SCHEXNAYDER; COMMERCIAL: 703-614-9701; NIPR:
RONALD.A.SCHEXNAYDER.CTR@MAIL.MIL.

6. EXPIRATION DATE CANNOT BE DETERMINED AT THIS TIME

Posts: 2 | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSGSKI
posted Hide Post
Hello

i am an E6 (74D/NBC). I have last ETS'd 2008 with PLDC & BNCOC Phase 1 Common Core only under my belt. i have since then re-enlisted in Feb 2012...only to find out BNCOC has been replaced with a new course and phase structure. i am not clear with what my next NCOES would be at this point...

my question is: is my next phase 'CBRN ALC' Phase 1 Resident? (i have been perusing thru the forums and SMAcademy power point docs and it appears that in my case that BNCOC Phase 1 Common Core does not count anymoe and that i must "start over" with ALC Phase 1

Now within my ACT (Army Career Tracker) Profile the goal bar from bottom to top is filled with green in the following segments...

o AIT -> Green
0 SSD1 -> Grey ( it seems that i am grandfathered because this is a course that falls between AIT and WLC (formerly PLDC)
o WLC -> Green
o ALC-CC -> Green
------
Completed
------
o ALC - Empty
o SSD3 - Empty (i understand this)
o SLC - Empty (i understand this)
o ...etc (i understand the rest)

Thx
~SSG Ski

Posts: 1 | Location: Boston | Registered: 12 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post