Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
ETS final paycheck
 Login/Join

posted
hi, i was hoping someone may have some information for me about this. i just recently passed my ets date 14FEB06 and did not receive my final paycheck. Theres nothing about it in mypay or anything else, and I could really use the money...does anyone have any idea what the hold-up might be?

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
They hold your final check up to 60 days to verify you have no government debt.

In the past, Soldiers would get out and still owe money. Well the military would have to take it out of their tax return.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArmyReenlistment,

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
as far as govt debt do you mean like govt credit cards??

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
Government Credit cards or STAR Card.

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
yeah but you can pay off your star card while you are a civilian. i think its govt credit cards and things like that.

Career Counselor
posted Hide Post
You should only have short amount of time in which to pay off your STAR card once you ETS.

posted Hide Post
They don't hold your pay for 60 days. Some times the reason why it take so long to get your final paycheck its becuase of the work load in the finance office. Right now we are in a stage where a lot of Soldiers are getting out and that means that the work load gets heavy. They don't need to hold your pay to see if you owe money becuase if you do they will collect it from your final pay. My advice call your finance office and ask them about the status of your final pay. Smiler

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildman536:
yeah but you can pay off your star card while you are a civilian. i think its govt credit cards and things like that.
your star card is just like any other CC.

Picture of E5GenMech
posted Hide Post
Looks like you should have stayed in huh gimme-ets. Now you are hurtin. I do not feel the one bit sorry for people who get out and are having a hard time. I just reenlisted here in Afghan for 6 years got a nice tax free bonus too Big Grin

Posts: 155 | Location: Fort Carson, Co | Registered: 07 April 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
if you are an E5 then i pity the soldiers that are under you with those kind of statements. The guy did his time and is getting out you should thank him for being one of us and not puting him down with rude statements. In all honesty nobody really cares about your reenlistment if you want to throw insults then please do it to somebody that isnt a vet.

Picture of E5GenMech
posted Hide Post
Hey wildman speak for yourself buddy. 1st off all the soldiers underneath me that wanted to get out ended up reenlisting, he may have had a bad unit or supervisor. 2nd of all by the screenname it looks like he has been longing for this for a while, cuz i seen him around alot. The army does have its ups and downs but is one of the best career choices one can make. People need to think twice and waiver there options b4 getting out. oh by the way i wasnt throwing insults, and about me reenlisting im not trying to glote, just a good desision i made.

Posts: 155 | Location: Fort Carson, Co | Registered: 07 April 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
i will not say that you reenlisting wasnt a good idea but i will say that you do not have the right attitude towards fellow soldiers. You are a career minded soldier that is good because we need people like you in the ARMY (especially since the ARMY will soon be huring for personell) I have personally seen my share of bad supervisers and understand that its hardly the NCO that motivates me anymore but the will within myself to provide. I do not feel that the ARMY is right for me and will do my 6 and get out but as a fellow soldier you should respect the fact that i even decided to put my life on the line for even one day for this country wearing this uniform. Good luck gimme_ETS and God Bless!!

Picture of E5GenMech
posted Hide Post
I understand where you are comming from, just here in afghanistan i have had alot of time to think about stuff. I am not saying i am the perfect E-5 , i have had a couple of AR-15s over some dumb stuff but i feel it made me better. I here alot of E-4 and below gripe and moan because there NCO is hassling them to do stuff we all had to do before. Rant and rave about getting out yada yada yada. Who knows , i was going to get out when i was in korea but then i found my wife over there and have a beautiful 2 and a half year old daughter so thats changes things. All I am saying for all you that think the army is not for you , look at your future and waive your options , it may be a great idea to re up. Now only if i can get my ass command sponsored back to korea Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E5GenMech:
I understand where you are comming from, just here in afghanistan i have had alot of time to think about stuff. I am not saying i am the perfect E-5 , i have had a couple of AR-15s over some dumb stuff but i feel it made me better. I here alot of E-4 and below gripe and moan because there NCO is hassling them to do stuff we all had to do before. Rant and rave about getting out yada yada yada. Who knows , i was going to get out when i was in korea but then i found my wife over there and have a beautiful 2 and a half year old daughter so thats changes things. All I am saying for all you that think the army is not for you , look at your future and waive your options , it may be a great idea to re up. Now only if i can get my ass command sponsored back to korea Big Grin
lol Good luck bro!!

posted Hide Post
E5GenMech,

The fact that I said I could use the money doesn't mean I'm hurting for money in the least bit....I got out with a clearance and have a fantastic job while the GI Bill supplements my income. I needed money for a new living room set in my apartment which happens to be a quaint little place on the water in south Florida. The Army is incredibly easy...that's why I got out. I was deployed, I went to Korea...I did all of that. The only challenge I had was becoming an NCO and taking care of soldiers, which I enjoyed very much. There comes a time, though, when you have to reevaluate things for yourself. If you buy into all the bs in the Army then that's your problem, you'll be stuck in a mediocre life. That's what some people want, they don't want to have think for themselves or have a life where someone else is telling them what to do constantly. Have fun with that...and the value you put on your own life with your 20 grand(and im being generous) over 6 years says a lot. I'll be at the beach after work...where will you be?