ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    EPMD Message? What does this mean?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EPMD Message? What does this mean?
 Login/Join

<That325iGetsDown>
posted
My husband and I have been on orders for Fort Carson since Spring. We already have orders in hand, and we report in March 2010. We both received messages in AKO with amended orders. Before they stated the whole "must report worldwide deployable", but this has been replaced with this long bit that goes like this, "SOLDIER IS ON ASSIGNMENT TO A BRIGADE COMBAT TEAM OR OTHER DEPLOYABLE UNIT. SOLDIER MUST ARRIVE AT THE GAINING COMMAND WORLDWIDE DEPLOYABLE. LOSING COMMAND MUST ENSURE DNA SAMPLE IS ON FILE AND THAT THE FOLLOWING ARE CURRENT PRIOR TO DEPARTURE: PERIODIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT, DENTAL READINESS SCREENING, IMMUNIZATIONS, HIV TESTING, AND FAMILY CARE PLAN. SOLDIER'S ASSIGNMENT WILL NOT BE DELETED/DEFERRED FOR THESE REASONS. IF SOLDIER HAS A PERMANENT PROFILE OF P3 OR P4, SOLDIER MUST HAVE BEEN REVIEWED BY AN MMRB AND HAVE BEEN FOUND FIT TO RETAIN IN THEIR CURRENT PMOS. IF SOLDIER HAS NOT APPEARED BEFORE AN MMRB, ONE SHOULD BE SCHEDULED AND ASSIGNMENT DEFERMENT/DELETION SHOULD BE REQUESTED AS APPROPRIATE. IF SOLDIER HAS A TEMPORARY PROFILE OF T3 OR T4, OR A TEMPORARY DEPLOYMENT LIMITING CONDITIONS, REQUEST ASSIGNMENT DEFERMENT TO ADJUST REPORT DATE UNTIL AFTER TERMINATION OF TEMPORARY PROFILE OR DEPLOYMENT LIMITING CONDITION. IF SOLDIER IS NON-DEPLOYABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS, REQUEST ASSIGNMENT DELETION: AWOL, CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTOR, LAUTENBURG AMENDMENT, LEGAL PROCESSING, MISSING/POW, OR SOLE SURVIVOR. IF SOLDIER IS NON-DEPLOYABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS, REQUEST ASSIGNMENT DEFERMENT IF NOT PROJECTED TO BE RESOLVED PRIOR TO REPORT DATE/DEPLOYMENT DATE: DEPLOYED, TCS, OR SOLDIER UNDER AGE 18."

What is this business? Never seen this on a set of orders before.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MP Casper
posted Hide Post
It's just giving an in depth look at what needs to be done to make sure that you are going to the new unit in a deployable medical status. Probably the Army's way of covering it's butt because of sending injured soldiers to a deployable unit that cannot deploy. Every soldier on a unit's book that is deploying expects that soldier to be able to deploy. When a soldier gets there and can't, it hurts the units numbers.

As long as there is nothing making you non-deployable, don't worry about the change. It's just more in detail than usual.

Posts: 155 | Location: West Point, NY | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<That325iGetsDown>
posted
The reason I ask is b/c my husband and I just went through a random SRP and the provider told him that needed to go through a MEB b/c he is on anti-seizure meds. We haven't started it b/c we wouldn't have enough time to finish it before the report date, and I don't think they will push my orders back for this. We are MACP and joint domicile, but would they authorize deferring my orders for his MEB? I told my husband that we should just wait until we get there, and if they think he needs a MEB, do it there.

Picture of MP Casper
posted Hide Post
I replied to your other post about that. I think it should be fine especially since medical or the unit is not pushing for it. If your husband wants to deploy, I don't think the gaining unit will either. If he intends on getting the med board, then I would not PCS knowing that there is a pending med board because then that just screws the units numbers not to mention will probably piss off the gaining chain of command and not make your husband look so good.

Posts: 155 | Location: West Point, NY | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<That325iGetsDown>
posted
It kind of came out of nowhere; he has had this on his med record since 2006 and no one has questioned it except the man at the SRP. Our 1SG knew about the seizure he had last month when he stopped taking his meds, and she said nothing about a MEB. He doesn't want it, and won't persue it unless pushed to it by the command. He wants to stay in. The only problem I foresee is if we do deploy, it coming back up in another SRP. He is worried if he gets over there and can't get a refill for some reason that he will causes someone to get hurt if he has one. As long as he can get to his meds, he is okay.

Picture of MP Casper
posted Hide Post
Your TMC should give him a minimum of 3 months of meds when you PCS. Then when you get to Carson, make sure he goes straight to medical and have them refill. Also, he can ask a Dr. to evaluate him to see if there is anything that would stop him from deploying. If the doc says no, then he is good to go when he goes through SRP. Make sure the doc annotates it in his file too because SRP will see it.