ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Cross-level for Deployment training
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cross-level for Deployment training
 Login/Join

posted
So my S-1 put me in a deployment slot with a sister unit...apparently. Premob is set for less than a month. I inquired about my orders, since I didnt have that nor a packing list, about 2 weeks ago. S-1 informs me, that due to some miscommunication from higher up, there are no longer any slots, but I remained on the battle roster. From the info they gave me I would be "rear detachment". What they stated was "if" I get approved and cross leveled to their company, I would come on T10 orders and attend all pre-mob training and go if someone from the unit falls off. If no one falls off, Ill stay on for 179 days and work for 1st Army as a potential fill for another mission.

I was really hoping to avoid preparing (Child, job, apartment etc) to go and then hear a no at the last possible minute, but so far I'm still waiting for at least an approval. I asked my chain and s-1, and they're not sure either.

Anybody know how long it normally takes to hear a yay or nay so close to ship off?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 15 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post