ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Recovery time after physical profile

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Recovery time after physical profile
 Login/Join

posted
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I just came off profile for a partially torn acl. I was on profile for about 5 months. As I understand I now have 90 days of recocery time. I joined a softball team and now my 1sg is saying because I am on recovery I can not do any activities like that. But I was actually given a pt test while on temporary profile and passed all my events, I just did the walk instead of the run. So is my 1SG allowed to tell me I cant participate in a softball league while on recovery??

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Because you're not "totally fit for duty" still.

Playing softball is different than a PT test: the risk for re-injury is high.

((But really it's also to discourage unecessary profiles. If you can play softball but not be "well enough" for PT, what's someone to think?? ))

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5281 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
When I was in profile recovery was only to keep them from springing a PT test on you the day after you got off of profile. It only meant that you couldn't be forced to take a PT test during that time. If you weren't completely fit for duty you'd have a profile.

I'm curious to see exactly what the regulations on profile recovery are.

-----
A smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from other people's mistakes.

posted Hide Post
If you look in AR 40-501 it will tell you exactly what you can and cant do while on recovery from a profile. Just take a look at it and it should answer all your questions.

Posts: 416 | Location: FT Monroe, VA | Registered: 17 March 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
I know this thread was created before the institution of the new Army Physical Training Program known as PRT. Now it is more clear than ever that part of the answer to the original question is located in TC3-22.20 and reads as follows:

RECOVERY FROM INJURY, ILLNESS, OR MEDICAL CONDITION
6-6. Soldiers recovering from injury, illness, or other medical conditions must train within the limits of their medical profiles (DA Form 3349 [Physical Profile]) and be afforded a minimum train-up period of twice the length of the profile. Prescribed train-up periods must not exceed 90 days before APFT administration or other unit physical readiness goal requirements IAW AR 350-1.

As for participating in a sport while on recovery and a first sergeant's authority to restrict you from such activities is probably a question for IG rather than this forum. I hope this helps people looking for this answer.

Posts: 1 | Location: Afghanistan | Registered: 14 February 2012Report This Post