ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Assignment Satisfaction Key (ASK)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assignment Satisfaction Key (ASK)
 Login/Join

Picture of Miller SSG type
posted
I PCS'd to Fort Huachuca for school and have been here almost two months. Usually once you inprocess, the assignment goes back to "No Data Available". Well it still says Fort Huachuca....I talked to my branch manager and he's trying to put me on assignment to Ft. Campbell but he can't until the fort Huachuca is cleared. He said go to S-1, They said call branch, I went to platoon sergeant, he didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions? Been in this situation before?

"SLOW IS SMOOTH, SMOOTH IS FAST"!

Posts: 182 | Location: Hunter AAF | Registered: 17 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DatAdminGuy
posted Hide Post
That's a strange case. Since you've been there for 2 months, at least expect to stay another 9-11. I wouldn't believe the Army would pay you to PCS twice within a year. They will at least give you 12 months TOS before they would move you somewhere else. Call your Branch PDNCO to get some clarity. Usually they have more to tell you than assignment managers since they're only trying to fill req.'s and really don't take your career progression into effect most of the time.

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on."
- Walter Lippmann

Posts: 123 | Location: Ft Leavenworth (WOO HOO) | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Here at School at Gordon, a local office works w/ branch to do all of the assignments. They DON'T let the students call branch, Branch just tells them to talk to Ft Gordon.

Our students don't get assignments until about 10weeks into a 20week course.

Assignments just seem totally random, SOME come from ASK..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5328 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DatAdminGuy:
That's a strange case. Since you've been there for 2 months, at least expect to stay another 9-11. I wouldn't believe the Army would pay you to PCS twice within a year. They will at least give you 12 months TOS before they would move you somewhere else. Call your Branch PDNCO to get some clarity. Usually they have more to tell you than assignment managers since they're only trying to fill req.'s and really don't take your career progression into effect most of the time.
He's here for school, not PCS.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2481 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Miller SSG type
posted Hide Post
Datadmitguy, I'm relcassing....I PCS'd to Huachuca because the school is 22 weeks. Branch manager had no problem me calling to look for assignment possibilites. He told me he'll give me Campbell as soon as the shit gets cleared. I don't know what else to do about it...I'll write him an e-mail and said I can't help clear it.

"SLOW IS SMOOTH, SMOOTH IS FAST"!

Posts: 182 | Location: Hunter AAF | Registered: 17 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post