ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Left CAC Card at work. Punishment?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left CAC Card at work. Punishment?
 Login/Join

posted
So I left my CAC Card at work today. My sergeant called me and we met up and I received it. He than said that I should come up with my own punishment. I have a few idea's of my own. Anyone have anything to add. My current idea is from 9-5 check it with my ID card on the hour every hour except during lunch

Posts: 11 | Location: U.S. of A. | Registered: 27 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I must of done this dozens of times as a Warrant. I don't think it warrants any punishment. Just get a neck card holder and call it the day.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
My Soldier had a habit of leaving her CAC card unattended, it's 25 push ups each time I see it left unattended.

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I think it depends on the circumstance. I work in an office that requires a key and a combo to get into so I'm usually not too worried about leaving my CAC in there.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
the doors to the building have combos and the door to my office has a combo.

Posts: 11 | Location: U.S. of A. | Registered: 27 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC Jive Turkey
posted Hide Post
While it may be an accident, I suggest you complete the cyber awareness training (the interactive one). I know it covers the importance of keeping your CAC on you at all times along with badges.

Posts: 250 | Location: Fort Rucker | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hero
posted Hide Post
NCO's do not issue "punishment." I HATE hearing that. An NCO who thinks he's punishing anyone shouldn't be an NCO.

IRT OP, just tell your NCO that you're going to complete the cyber awareness challenge that Jive Turkey mentioned. This corrective should suffice.

Personally, in most cases, an unattended CAC shouldn't need anything other than a verbal correction.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
according to my chain of command if you leave a CAC in a computer you must carry a AIMING howitzer AIMING stake around for a week.

only 7 feet long, and paint like a candy cane...yup that was a fun sauna at the gym

Posts: 6 | Registered: 08 November 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post