New
Find
Notify
Tools

SQI "8" vs "H"
 Login/Join

Picture of Raider1_Medic
posted
In 2006 I was mobilized in the Reserves to fill an instructor position. I attended the AMEDDC&S Instructor Training Course and the Support Cadre Training Course. A few weeks after completion of these courses I was handed a copy of my Special Qualifying Identifier orders. It stated that I had been awarded the 8 identifier- for instructor. I completed the mobilization in 2007 and transitioned to active duty. I've been in the 25th ever since. Anyways- I've done some research and come to find that the SQI for certified enlisted instructors is "H", while "8" is the instructor SQI for Warrant Officers. What is the process for amending the orders and is it something I can do through my current S-1?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Every instructor qualified SM that I know has an "8" identifier. SOunds like it has already been coded correctly.

Posts: 416 | Location: FT Monroe, VA | Registered: 17 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
Where did you do your research?

DA Pam 611-21 is now a fluidly updated document; don't go off of the one published on APD.

Posts: 2867 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
I was awarded my Instructor SQI in August 2008.
It's an "8".

I've been told it USED TO BE "H". ?!

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Raider1_Medic
posted Hide Post
My information may or may not be outdated. If I'm not the only one holding an "8" identifier then I won't worry about it. If you're interested in where I found the information you can find it in TRADOC Regulation 350-70 Chapter II-1-3 Paragraph "f." This lists the identifiers as Officers-5K, WO-8, and Enlisted-H. I'll try posting a link.

http://www.tradoc.army.mil/TPU...0_70_ii_1.htm#II-1-3

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raider1_Medic:

http://www.tradoc.army.mil/TPU...0_70_ii_1.htm#II-1-3

Couldn't find a date on that one, but I Think it's more than 10 years old. Wink
http://www.tradoc.army.mil/TPUBS/regndx.htm

All the instructors on Fort Gordon are "8"s. And we're part of Big TRADOC...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Raider1_Medic
posted Hide Post
Alright. Glad I asked on here before going to my S-1 with outdated information complaining about nothing. Like everybody else, I'd like to keep a good rapport with those guys. I'm content with the 8 SQI and I appreciate all of your feedback.

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
It's a little hard to navigate, but https://pamxxi.armyg1.army.mil/Default.aspx should have the current information about personnel classifications.

If you get really bored, you can look up your MOS and find out when it's scheduled to be redesignated.

Posts: 2867 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG "C"
posted Hide Post
who told you that your SQI should be "H"? just got finished with the Army basic instructor course and cadre training course. my mos is now 14S3(8)K7 (parenthesized the 8 on purpose, whereas would have been a "O" if I had not been to ABIC & CTC. when the civilians update your erb these codes will reflect correctly. do not believe someone either who does not your same qualifications or hasnt gotten their erb updated in a while "HMMMM?"

Posts: 34 | Registered: 15 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JFFWRD
posted Hide Post
It use to be an "H". In 2007 / 2008 it was changed to "8" during all of the last MOS/SQI realignment.

Posts: 1 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: 10 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of erikwithak86
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply to a thread that's almost 2 years old!

All these drive-by posters....

Posts: 707 | Registered: 18 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post