Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ASVAB Line Scores
 Login/Join

posted
I was just looking at my ERB, and I'm curious about how they figure out the scores. The ones I'm particularly curious about are the Combat and Field Artillery scores. Those two areas just so happened to be my highest scores, with 125 each. Does my scoring high in these two areas mean that I should have signed up in those areas? I was just wondering. My lowest score was Mechanics, with a 118.

Posts: 325 | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Naw, it's all in how they scored certain parts of the test. If you want specifics i'd go see the education counselor. You know you could always retake the test...most people tend to score better on a retake and that could get you some promotion points.

Posts: 936 | Location: web surfing hell | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here are the formulas used for the Army line scores. I don't think they're exact. I think there's some rounding up because it's scored on a "curve."

GT—General Technical—VE+AR

CL—Clerical—VE+AR+MK

CO—Combat—AR+CS+AS+MC

EL—Electronics—GS+AR+MK+EI

FA—Field Artillery—AR+CS+MK+MC

GM—General Maintenance—GS+AS+MK+EI

MM—Mechanical Maintenance—NO+AS+MC+EI

OF—Operators and Food—VE+NO+AS+MC

SC—Surveillance and Communications—VE+AR+AS+MC

ST—Skilled Technical—GS+VE+MK+MC

Posts: 198 | Registered: 21 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If memory serves me (and it should) there was a break down of how all your line scores were, well, scored in the back of the ASVAB for Dummies. I don't know about the field artillery score, but I do believe the Combat score is determined from your Reasoning and Arthimetic. That though I am not exactly certain about, YMMV.

-KS, who scored a 78 on his ASVAB! Big Grin

Posts: 63 | Location: The Bay Area | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well my personal combat score is based on my ability to kill and not be killed...see sig

:lol:

Posts: 936 | Location: web surfing hell | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
and that was a OUTSTANDING post BTW cxl....you did your homework. I had no clue....I hearby find you "guilty" of making me learn something today. 8)

posted Hide Post
Damn...

Way to go cxl. Those do sound familiar. Of course I'm working on three old memories.

-KS

Posts: 63 | Location: The Bay Area | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Epic Honor
posted Hide Post
Whoa! I didn't know there was a whole dedicated score just for field artillery. Apparently I blew them away in that category (pun intended...dorky I know)

Posts: 776 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
It's all in DA Pam 611-21 folks. It will tell you what a 63B is too Nascar.

Ah the joys of being a doctrine nerd.

Posts: 2864 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Your welcome guys. This post piqued my interest, so I whipped out my ASVAB score sheet and looked at all those weird line score codes and searched for what they actually meant.

What's funny is that the Marine Corps and AF have only four line scores. USA and USN have ten! :lol: It's all the same info, but each branch just "chops it up" differently.

Posts: 198 | Registered: 21 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
[quote:9cd717863b="Daddy Warcrimes"]It's all in DA Pam 611-21 folks. It will tell you what a 63B is too Nascar.

Ah the joys of being a doctrine nerd.[/quote:9cd717863b]

Drinking and Googling\reading regs don't mix....

posted Hide Post
DA PAM 611-21 would of been good in 99 or 2000, but now the Army has consolidated a lot of the MOS's so don't know if that would be a good place to look at now. Try the 2 AUG 04 Army Times, it has a great break down of the new MOS codes, or try this address from PERSCOM if you can not get your paws on a Army Times.

https://www.armyg1.army.mil/pamxxi/secured/mosstructure/mos-charts.asp

It has Enlisted, Officer and Warrant, all the consolidations, deletion dates of MOS's and addition of new MOS's........

Posts: 10 | Registered: 16 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post