New
Find
Notify
Tools

e6-e7
 Login/Join

Picture of j_rod
posted
i have asked this question to several fellow e6's and senior nco's and i keep getting different answers. i just recently pinned on e6, how much time do i have to have as an e6 before i can submit my packet and be looked at for e7

Posts: 3 | Location: iraq | Registered: 22 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RedLeg81
posted Hide Post
AR 600-8-19.

I wish you guys would read it. You are basically asking the community to do your work for you.

REDLEG81

Posts: 203 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Submit your packet for E-7? what kind of packet are you going to submit, and to whom??

So this is where the Corps stands?

"Sometimes the roots of democracy have to be watered with the blood of patriots"

Posts: 248 | Location: Ft Hood! | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Zaknafien
posted Hide Post
you can submit your packet to me! oh, and your credit card information too. Big Grin

Posts: 53 | Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ | Registered: 21 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of j_rod
posted Hide Post
the questions is how much time as an e6 before my packet gets looked at by DA for e7. i am trying to find out how much t.i.g. i have to have before i am eligible to be looked at for 7

Posts: 3 | Location: iraq | Registered: 22 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I believe it's two years but the MOI for the SFC Board will dictate what TIG they will look at. As a new SSG I suggest you look at the HRC website and do your homework. You have plenty of time. One sidenote; e-6 is a paygrade not a rank. You pinned on Staff Sergeant. I see too many NCO's calling themselves e-5 or e-6 and it really bothers me. Just my opinion.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 21 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of j_rod
posted Hide Post
thanks for the heads up karlvv. i know where to look now. i appreciate it

posted Hide Post
I think that it is good that you are looking into SFC now J-Rod.. too many people dont start to worry about the SFC board until the month before the board.. I just got picked up my first look.. and it was because I have spent the last few years since I made SSG busting my hump to make sure that all my stuff was straight. Ensure that your ERB, your OMPF file, and your DA Photo are straight.. and ensure that you earn your NCOER.. and everything else will fall into place.. good luck

Posts: 4 | Location: 25th ID | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
If my info is right, the SFC board is once a year every January. With that said, it is a minimum of 2 years as a Staff Sergeant before you get looked at. I had to wait 2 1/2 years because I was promoted to Staff Sergeant in July.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Go Ordnance is correct. Minimum TIG is 23 months(usually) before eligible for SFC. Your first look will be anywhere between 23-35 months depending on when you made SSG.

WO1 Walker

WO1 Walker

Posts: 23 | Location: schofield barracks | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by j_rod:
the questions is how much time as an e6 before my packet gets looked at by DA for e7. i am trying to find out how much t.i.g. i have to have before i am eligible to be looked at for 7

Well considering you dont even know how to get promoted to the next rank I would say you need to keep your new SSG rank for a little bit before you try to move up again.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
As mean as you guys are, I agree. Smiler

A SSG should have the knowledge, motivation, and brains to go find the answers themselves. It's all in the regs, the regs are all available free of charge.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AllGaveSomeAndSomeGaveAll
posted Hide Post
Good luck and I also applaud you for preparing for your SFC ahead of time. I don't understand why people have to be so rude on this community sometimes. I mean, we can all look at the regs but truth is, this community was created to do just that, be able to share knowledge with one another without being judged for it.

Posts: 117 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 21 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post