ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    What Am I suppose to be Authorized on my DTS Order/DD1610?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Am I suppose to be Authorized on my DTS Order/DD1610?
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently on leave and have DTS travel request for the location of Pensacola, FL for 35S and Jump school to follow.

1. 66/34.50 Gov Lodging/75% meals (Authorized).
2. In/Around mileage of 12 miles (Authorized).
3. One Travel day from Ft Drum to Pensacola as G8/AO will only authorize the cost the flight. From PDS to AIT then AIT to Jump School VS Mileage and lodging.

My question is why am I an not authorized 4 days travel days since it would be more advantageous to use my POV/POC vs Flight/Rental Car?

If choose to fly instead of drive would G8 approve a rental even though it is not mandated?

Would I be out of luck either ways since if I drive my POV I will lose out travel days and lodging reimbursements/ If I choose to fly G8 doesn't have to approve a rental car even thought ATTRS special instruction say "must be authorized in/around miles".

2. MOS-T Students
a. COURSES: MOS-T students will attend both the A-231-0450 (35S) Signals Collector/Analyst Course and 3-35-C50 (35S) MI Warrior Sustainment
Course. The 35S MI Warrior Sustainment Course is one week long and is taken the week immediately following the A-231-0450 (35S) Signals
Collector/Analyst Course. The 3-35-C50 (35S) MI Warrior Sustainment Course is required for the awarding the 35S MOS. TDY orders must include the
full calendar week following the graduation date of the students scheduled A-231-0450 (35S) Signals Collector/Analyst Course to allow time for
completion of 3-35-C50 (35S) MI Warrior Sustainment Course. Contact the Army Liaison Office for details COMM 850-452-6662 DSN 459-6662.
b. QUARTERS: MOS-T Students should be on TDY Orders. No government quarters are available on Corry Station. Government lodging is available at
the Gateway Inn on NAS Pensacola at the government lodging rate; please call for the most current rate. If government lodging is not available, then the
student must obtain a certificate of non-availability (CNA) at Gateway Inn front desk. Reservation can be made by calling the Gateway Inn on NAS
Pensacola at DSN 459-2755/6 or COMM 850-452-2755/6.
c. MESS: Government mess is not available on Corry Station and NAS Pensacola for MOS-T Students. MOS-T Students, who are on TDY Orders, regardless of government or commercial quarters, must be authorized full commercial meal rate (CMR).

d. UNIFORM: 35S MOS-T Students are required to bring the following uniform items: ACU's, full ASU's, APFT summer and winter uniforms, and civilian
clothing for after-duty hours.
e. MISCELLANEOUS: TDY personnel must report with a copy of their DA Form 31 and DD Form 1610.
3. Common Instructions to all Students:
a. ACCOMPANIED PERSONNEL: Family members are not authorized to move at government expense. Family housing will not be available for the A-
231-0450 (35S) Signals Collector/Analyst Course and C-35-C50 (35S) MI Warrior Sustainment Course students.
b. TRANSPORTATION: Government transportation is not available. Commercial taxi service is available as well as a very limited shuttle bus service. MOS-T Students should be authorized a rental car or have a POV. In and around mileage of 12 miles/day must be authorized for Soldiers residing offpost or at the NAS Pensacola quarter.

Posts: 40 | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
What is stated is that is the rate of what they are going to pay for your TDY. You could drive your POV. When you complete your travel settlement, you will just annotate that you used your POV. Finance will handle your settlement based on travel days. Just report on time.

For B. You should have already called to see if there is lodging available at Gateway inn. If not, Gateway will give you that CNA and a list of other hotels nearby with similar rates. For C., Remember you will be receiving per diem as well.

This is a no-brainer and do not sweat it. I do not know if you been on TDY for school before. I recommend that you use a personal credit card instead of a GTC. You will not lose money using your POV.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
What is stated is that is the rate of what they are going to pay for your TDY. You could drive your POV. When you complete your travel settlement, you will just annotate that you used your POV. Finance will handle your settlement based on travel days. Just report on time.

Honestly I never had to TDY before, just PCS. It is pretty cut and dry to me except the settling travel days. My unit DTS admin/Nco stated that G8/AO would not approve travel day/per diem from PDS to TDY location, Only offer cost of the flight which would be less then $400. Therefore I would use that amount to cover Lodging/meals, mileage, and whatever is out of pocket, which is doable. Mind you Im going to travel 1350miles per DTS.

My question is why not pay me 4 travel days as authorized POV usage if my ATTRS allows me in/around miles?

Posts: 40 | Registered: 16 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
If you travel by POV for two days, your gas and lodging will not amount to $400.

I am telling you that you will be ok.

I been on TDY twice in the last 8 months. You will not take a lost if you drive. And if you did, what is wrong with a little out-of-pocket, so you can have your POV with you? I do not understand what is the big deal.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post