Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flagged out
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all, I have a concern and I'm looking for help.

I'm in the PA ARNG and I've been flagged because of an issue that happened on the civilian side. As far as I know the flag only bars me from re-enlistment so I'm being forced to ETS in February. It's not like a flag for failing a PT test or anything, it's the other kind of flag.

My LT told me that since I'm finishing my contract that my discharge would be honorable because it would be as if I got out on my own free will. But my SGT told me that the flag may cause my discharge to be General under Honorable Conditions. If that's the case then I think I have to pay back my education benefits and my enlistment bonus.

The flag is in my SIPERMS and I was told there's really nothing I can do. Will my discharge be general? If I re-enlist to a different branch can I get my DD214 thrown out? I know that a general discharge will follow me throughout my career and the rest of my life, regardless if I re-enlist and serve honorably.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
Based on the lack of information here, I am guessing that your Flag was for Adverse Action of some type.

Based on this skimpy information, I can only guess that the characterization of your discharge will be up to either the presiding judge if you are being court-martialled, or the GCMCA (General Court Martial Convening Authority) if not. So no one here can really give you an answer. You need to talk to your command and JAG/TDS to get any type of accurate answer.

Good Luck.

Matt

H.R. SERGEANT
Former CH-47D/F Helicopter Wrench Monkey

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Ft. Leavenworth, KS | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
If the "flag" only precludes reenlistment, it is not a flag. That would however describe a bar to reenlistment.

Posts: 2864 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Warcrimes:
If the "flag" only precludes reenlistment, it is not a flag. That would however describe a bar to reenlistment.

True. However, just about any type of flag will be a bar to reenlistment (either permanently or temporarily).

Matt

H.R. SERGEANT
Former CH-47D/F Helicopter Wrench Monkey

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Ft. Leavenworth, KS | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post