New
Find
Notify
Tools

phase 2 physical
 Login/Join

Picture of mpsarge
posted
so is there any regulation or fm for what you can and cant do after a phase 2 physical?

"For those that have served, freedom has a different flavor that the protected will never know" Unknown

Posts: 26 | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of medic75
posted Hide Post
I would start by looking at the AR 40-501 standards for medical fitness, alot of physical stuff in there.I have heard that like 30 times, the "I can't PT after I took my ETS physical". Have never seen a 1SG or PA let them get away with it. I have also never found it but that AR is a good start.

68W Instructor

Posts: 56 | Location: Ft. Sam Houston  | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mpsarge
posted Hide Post
i have read ar 40-501 from front to back and found nothing. but during my physical i was instructed by the doctor that physical fitness should be limited and that even carrying my assigned weapon should be to a minimum. i would just like a reg to back it up with.

"For those that have served, freedom has a different flavor that the protected will never know" Unknown

Posts: 26 | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DoubleDuece
posted Hide Post
It's Commander's discretion. I had to go to the field after my phase II physical. I was pretty mad about it too. I knew guys that basically were on quarters after their phase II but I was manning a .50 in the field.

"War is an act of force, and to the application of that force there is no limit. Each of the advisaries forces the hand of the other, and in a recipricol action results in which there can be no limit..."
Carl von Clausewitz, on war, 1833

Posts: 290 | Location: Fort Riley, KS | Registered: 20 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of medic75
posted Hide Post
Based on my experience after we finish a Phase 2 physical we tell the Soldier they can do PT and all that as normal if an injury occurs it will just be documented and attached to the med. record. Sorry for having you read it and not find anything. I bet you stil learned something. I do everytime I read it.

68W Instructor

Posts: 56 | Location: Ft. Sam Houston  | Registered: 01 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of gforan
posted Hide Post
i have been to a line unit and now a garrison unit and both units have honored once you have your phase 2 you dont do PT. although they have still made the individuals work normal duties.

Posts: 40 | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post