New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Fenced" unit
 Login/Join

Picture of airgigeo
posted
I was clicking away at AKO and looked up my A.S.K. I noticed my Requisitions tab was highlighted in red. Clicking on it brought a short message also in red that says, "Rule: 35 You are in a fenced unit (a FENCE prevents reassignment of soldiers in a unit)" This is the first time I've noticed this and wonder how long it's been there. The real question I have though is would this affect my up coming re-up in case I want a different station? Is there a 'rulebook' that says how a unit becomes fenced?

Posts: 70 | Location: NTC | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
well i'm in the same boat as you and from my understanding it means your on some sort of "life cycle" like the dam BDE i'm in Frowner

Posts: 73 | Location: Ft. Sill, OK ....B 1/78 FA | Registered: 17 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
same thing here. I don't know what it means. But damn a life cycle I want to cycle out of here.

Posts: 402 | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you've been stop-lossed.

http://www.facebook.com/home.p...93539992&ref=profile

Posts: 1083 | Location: Fort Sill, OK | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Coinage
posted Hide Post
When I was at Operations Group in NTC, apparently they have a fence time of 2 years. That was supposed to mean that, no, I couldn't be reassigned until that "rotation" date was up. Sucked, too, because I was ready to leave that unit quick...

Posts: 130 | Location: DC | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
my question for this is, how do you find out how long your fenced in for. Any reference to use.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
A soldier gets fenced in when either they are on deployment orders, deployed,on a special assignment i.e recuriting, drill or when you are in a life cycle unit. It stops HRC from putting you on orders to go anywhere or to do anything but if ur thinking about reenlisting and getting duty station of choice then go ahead the fence wont stop that, I have like 10 guys I know in my troop that already reenlisted to go where ever they wanted to go and we are fenced in because we are deployed.

Posts: 24 | Location: Baghdad, Iraq | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MFFJM9228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShootaShane:
A soldier gets fenced in when either they are on deployment orders, deployed,on a special assignment i.e recuriting, drill or when you are in a life cycle unit. It stops HRC from putting you on orders to go anywhere or to do anything but if ur thinking about reenlisting and getting duty station of choice then go ahead the fence wont stop that, I have like 10 guys I know in my troop that already reenlisted to go where ever they wanted to go and we are fenced in because we are deployed.

When I was in 82nd ABN Div, I was "fenced" in, so when I talked to the BN Retention, they said, I couldn't reenlist to another duty station or unit.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 24 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post