ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Contacting Branch Managers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contacting Branch Managers
 Login/Join

posted
Is it wrong for anyone below paygrade of SFC(E7) to contact there respective Branch Managers.

I overheard a company commander saying no one should call and check on there orders unless they are a General and that they should take all assignment question's thru there Platoon SGT?

I was thinking to myself the reason the branch manager is there is to except questions from member's of there branch and instead not to wait for a Cpt or Lt Col from another entire Branch to call in and check on a PFC's or a SPC's orders?

If that was the case there shouldn't be any need of having Branch Manager from different MOS's.

I think he may have been mad because alot of people have been curious to how come they haven't gotten any order's and they don't bother including him in the process because frankly he can do about as much as they can. Maybe I'm wrong.

I know I will contact my Branch Manager when I'm wondering about open assignments.

Posts: 402 | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KingofMinot:
Is it wrong for anyone below paygrade of SFC(E7) to contact there respective Branch Managers.

It's not "wrong", but there is a procedure.

quote:
I overheard a company commander saying no one should call and check on there orders unless they are a General and that they should take all assignment question's thru there Platoon SGT?

The first part about only a general should call and check isn't accurate, because general's have XOs and assistants to do this for them.

As for going through your Platoon Sergeant, this is the way it SHOULD happen. Assignment Managers (aka Branch Managers) are normally senior SFCs and MSGs and have a very good working relationships/repour with Platoon Sergeants ... in many cases, they have been assigned together and may know each other personally.

quote:
I was thinking to myself the reason the branch manager is there is to except questions from member's of there branch.

Assignment Managers DO NOT work for Soldiers! They have been selected for this position to manage that particualr branch's enlisted strengths and assignments ... not to communicate directly with 1000s of Soldiers per week.

Although there are Assignment Managers that will communiate directly with Soldiers, they have a bigger mission and that's to place Soldiers where the Army needs them.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thats the problem it's a hodge podge of various MOS's. It's my I guess Sister company in Med Hold (WTU) and these guy's have been waiting for orders for months I know a few of them and they are SSG's and I would think they are perfectly in there right's to see if there is an open assignment for them.

I understand that branch managers don't work for the Soldiers. But I would think that they would also accept questions for some personel especially in situations like that. It only seems like a problem if PVT Snuffy got to Ft Drum last week and decided he want's to go to Sam Houston because his girl friend is there not if SSG Jackson want's to go to Fort Campbell because they are deploying soon and he is aware of a potential platoon Sgt Slot.

Posts: 402 | Registered: 04 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
Since WTU is fairly new unit, there will be growing pains. You may want to ask your cadre if they've compiled a list of Soldiers with assignment issues and if that roster has been forwarded to HRC.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Top_Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyReenlistment:
Assignment Managers DO NOT work for Soldiers! They have been selected for this position to manage that particualr branch's enlisted strengths and assignments ... not to communicate directly with 1000s of Soldiers per week.

Although there are Assignment Managers that will communiate directly with Soldiers, they have a bigger mission and that's to place Soldiers where the Army needs them.

Right on Battle Buddy. That was well said!

(Fixed quote coding)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArmyReenlistment,

1. Procrastination is like a disease.

Posts: 177 | Location: Just finished serving as a First Sergeant for the 3rd time (which I love), and now working as an Inspector General. | Registered: 12 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post