New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going to Korea
 Login/Join

Picture of ZackC
posted
So I am on assignment instructions to Korea, my ASK has not updated yet the location, just wondering if anyone here might know where they are in need of a SSG 25S.

I heard they are closing Area 1 down, but I know it is not complete yet. Any input?

Posts: 9 | Location: Ft Gordon | Registered: 07 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of Area I closing down (they are moving units in and out of Humphries and down south) and many of the 25S that I know work in Area IV at Camp Carroll.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
He's talking about the Yongsan Relocation Project. The plan was to have all of 2ID and Eighth Army (majority of Yongsan's garrison) moved to USAG Humphreys by 2016. As is the norm in Korea, the project is behind schedule. I would expect it to be complete by somewhere around 2020.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ZackC
posted Hide Post
Wow that's surprising! I was at Camp Casey about 3 years ago and they were talking like it was happening any moment. So they are still sending people up there then... Mad

Posts: 9 | Location: Ft Gordon | Registered: 07 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, however they shut down 1st Brigade and they've been replaced with rotating brigades from CONUS.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ghost0001
posted Hide Post
1ST SIG BDE is still here. However a 25S20 could get stationed in the communications bunker in Youngsan. Look into it if that is what you want. MTOE wise, if you come here (Camp Humphrys) you will work in BN NETOPS. You won't have a role in a line company. I hope that helps.

Posts: 7 | Location: FT. Hood, TX | Registered: 15 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ghost0001:
1ST SIG BDE is still here. However a 25S20 could get stationed in the communications bunker in Youngsan. Look into it if that is what you want. MTOE wise, if you come here (Camp Humphrys) you will work in BN NETOPS. You won't have a role in a line company. I hope that helps.

He was talking about 1BCT of 2ID.

http://www.stripes.com/news/2n...ional-force-1.312557

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I love Korea! I especially loved Seongsan Sunrise Peak! http://i.cdn.travel.cnn.com/si...ze.jpg?itok=AhZjosuF Will definitely go back!

Posts: 4 | Registered: 05 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post