ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Cell Coverage at Fort Irwin

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cell Coverage at Fort Irwin
 Login/Join

Picture of airgigeo
posted
I have a question for those stationed at Fort Irwin, both past and present. I'm PCS'ing there in a couple days, currently on leave in the area. I stopped by the post yesterday to get some stuff for my ACU's. While there, I noticed my sprint phone was dead, on digital roam the whole time. I did see an AT&T kiosk at the PX though. Other than AT&T, what other cell phone company has good coverage in the area? I'd like to migrate my current phone number since I'm no longer under contract. Any tips or ideas?

Posts: 70 | Location: NTC | Registered: 12 February 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Cingular will give you the best coverage out there. Sprint and T mobile won't work past the tanks.

posted Hide Post
Just came back from NTC at Ft. Irwin and AT&T/Cingular was about the only thing getting coverage with full bars. The tower was out for a couple of days here and there but great coverage. Best to switch have had Cingular for last couple of years and haven't had a problem with coverage anywhre.

SGT 63B Ft. Hood TX

Posts: 29 | Location: Ft. Hood TX | Registered: 25 May 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
no way use verizon i had coverAGE EVERYWHERE ON POST AND IN THE BOX

josiah cecil

Picture of Coinage
posted Hide Post
Well, it's been about 2.5 years, but I had Verizon Wireless while stationed there. I didn't get great signal in my room, and downrange in the training area I only had enough signal to get the time synched. Other than that I had no problems.

Things must have changed, because my old PSG's Cingular cell didn't work for crap. That was way before the AT&T merger, though.

Posts: 130 | Location: DC | Registered: 18 July 2005Report This Post

posted Hide Post
well here in 2011 i can tell you that at&t coverage is limited even on post. you can get it here and there, like the px, but in the motor pool, or the box...expect junk. everone with verizon...happy campers, even in the box. so try your best to get out of att if you have them, ive tried to cancel but they still want to charge me. but verizon is the best bet, hands down.

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1A1MECH:
well here in 2011 i can tell you that at&t coverage is limited even on post. you can get it here and there, like the px, but in the motor pool, or the box...expect junk. everone with verizon...happy campers, even in the box. so try your best to get out of att if you have them, ive tried to cancel but they still want to charge me. but verizon is the best bet, hands down.

I don't know about you, but i am happy with ATT here, no problem with signal, even in the box...sometimes i loose it but i can find hot spots everywhere and i have a 2 year old flip phone, so...i am staying with them...maybe upgrading to a smart phone soon LOL

Posts: 647 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Report This Post